PDA

View Full Version : SMALL world!

badgeredd
04-23-2009, 07:53 AM
I was down to my parents house yesterday doing some chores for them. One of the chores was to take some recyclables to the recycle center.

While unloading the stuff a fellow comes in and asked about scrap lead and WW and what price they were asking. Well I asked what he was using the scrap for and later he came back from talking to the proprieter about price. I asked what price they were asking and we struck up a conversasion. Eventually I found out that the fellow I was talking to was our own "willbird" and he lives maybe 6 miles from my folks. I've driven by his house many times going into my home town. SMALL WORLD!!!!!! Now I have met 3 other members in person. Another great thing about this site!!!!!

Edd

Buckshot
04-24-2009, 12:39 AM
..............That's great. You guys need to get together and have a shoot!

...............Buckshot

NVcurmudgeon
04-24-2009, 01:44 AM
..............That's great. You guys need to get together and have a shoot!

...............Buckshot

I second Buckshot's cast bullet shoot reccomendation. We will both be attending the tenth annual Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot next month. Through this series of events I have made many friends, traveled all over CA and NV visiting, and even made two hunting trips to Alberta. The NCBS has evolved a number of priorities. In order they are:

1. Socializing with friends old and new.
2. Shooting and admiring each others' firearms.
3. Good food.
4. Friendly and not too fanatic competition.

Bet you Upper Midwest shooters could do the same. Our first shoot involved five or six of us from the old Shooter's board, plus wives and kids and a couple of non-board friends. It was scheduled for one day and we agreed that it was so much fun that it has grown to more shooters and the best part of three days.

BIGGUNGOBOOM
04-24-2009, 02:56 AM
It is always good to meet new people and go shooting with them as well. I have learned alot from fellas that I have meet over the years

badgeredd
04-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Buckshot et. al.,

A shoot would be fun and there are quite a few members from Southern MI, Northern Ohio and Indiana. If the economy continues on its current trend in the Midwest, we'll all be available to shoot about any time. [smilie=1: Of course the money won't be there to travel to shoot. :( It is fun meeting fellows from the forum because if nothing else you know that you have casting and shooting in common.

Edd