PDA

View Full Version : Walmart has powder

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
04-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Just left Walmart and they had a good stock of bullseye, unique and some h110. They did have rl 22 and varget but I bought all of it. Keep an eye out as this is the first I have seen come in there in a few months

Westwindmike
04-22-2009, 04:25 PM
The Walmarts in my area of Tennessee don't carry any reloading supplies. Wish they did.

Trey45
04-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Walmarts carry powder??? None here do.

NVcurmudgeon
04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Just left Walmart and they had a good stock of bullseye, unique and some h110. They did have rl 22 and varget but I bought all of it. Keep an eye out as this is the first I have seen come in there in a few months

That's good news. Right after the Big Reno Gun Show, BruceB and I were in Scheel's, a big all sports store with a great gun dept. and pretty good reloading dept. Jacketed bullets, some powders, some brass, and even a few primers were making a small comeback. My guess is that wives are beginning to call a halt to the component buying frenzy. After all, the crumb crunchers need new shoes!

9.3X62AL
04-22-2009, 05:31 PM
That's good news. Right after the Big Reno Gun Show, BruceB and I were in Scheel's, a big all sports store with a great gun dept. and pretty good reloading dept. Jacketed bullets, some powders, some brass, and even a few primers were making a small comeback. My guess is that wives are beginning to call a halt to the component buying frenzy. After all, the crumb crunchers need new shoes!

NOW we know who truly wields power in this country. All the anti-gun politicos couldn't put the brakes on the panic buying, nor could the NRA--but let the fair sex get wind of such doings, and the matter came to a screeching halt.

I never understood "liberation" or the Equal Rights Amendment. For millenia, women have ruled the earth by batting their eyelashes--Why mess with a good thing?

dragonrider
04-22-2009, 05:39 PM
No reloading stuff or guns in Wal-Mart here in Ma.

ddeaton
04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
None in OH either, never seen at any Walmarts

Sprue
04-22-2009, 05:56 PM
I travel/work arround the southern half of the state, seems that most stores DO carry reloading supplies in this region. However the two closest stores to me do not, but thats not a problem. I prefer to do business with the independant stores when possible.

My main purchases at Walley Mart are either hunting licenses or .22 LR.

clearwater
04-22-2009, 06:08 PM

Just called Scheels in Sparks and they had no primers, could'nt say if or when they
would get more.

Also just got back from a road trip to denver and stopped in every Gun Store I saw
along the way. No primers anyplace. Some of the stores were packed with
people tho. Looks like business is still good for the firearm industry.

No reloading supplies at Walmarts in Reno. Long's drug used to carry them until Sportsman's
warehouse moved in.

Hurricane
04-22-2009, 06:15 PM
What is stocked at Wal-Mart varies from state to state. I hope the Wal-Mart in Idaho is the beginnning of a trend among Wal-Mart stores.

DLCTEX
04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I was told by a Walmart manager that it was up to the individual store managers to sell reloading supplies or not. The store in Sweetwater, Tx. is the only one I am aware of in our region that sells it. The last time I was there, a few months ago, they had very little left and didn't know when the next order would come in. Same story on ammo.

Shepherd2
04-22-2009, 10:14 PM
The Wal Mart in Marietta, Ohio had a case of Reloader 22 last week. That was the only powder they had. They had some brass and a good selection of jacketed bullets. I asked about .22lr in the bulk boxes and was told they got some Federal & Remington in the week before but they were gone the next day. They had lots of shotgun shells so I bought a 100 round box just so I wouldn't go home empty handed.

TCLouis
04-23-2009, 12:00 AM
Have NOT seen powder in a discount store since Gibson's went away.

Guess Wally World in ID is a real store with a real sporting goods dept.

Bad Water Bill
04-23-2009, 05:07 AM
The Wally stores here in B H O land do not carry even a can of gun oil let alone patches or cleaning rods.

Taylor
04-23-2009, 06:04 AM
Not in Tn,but a few weeks ago I saw reloading stuff at one in Big Stone Gap Va,but mostly for shotgun and they were pretty much sold out.

Rick N Bama
04-23-2009, 06:23 AM
The Walmarts in my area of Tennessee don't carry any reloading supplies. Wish they did.

The store in Fayetteville TN carries a few reloading supplies. I bought an ammo box the one time I was there, but I don't remember if they had powder or not.

Rick

jonk
04-23-2009, 07:27 AM
All I've seen round here is Pyrodex RS at Wal Mart.

cajun shooter
04-23-2009, 08:39 AM
My local Wally World pulled all the guns and refused to make sales during Katrina. They kept that going for two months after the storm. So I would have to say that the persons running that store will never stock reloading supplies.

Ed Barrett
04-23-2009, 11:45 AM
The Walmart in Lebanon MO used to carry reloading supplies many years ago, mostly shotgun. I still have a 20# bag of shot marked $3.95, that shows how long ago it was. They don't have reloading stuff any more.

Trapper-Jack
04-23-2009, 12:01 PM
I was in our Wal Mart about four days ago and they still didn't have any on the shelf. They haven't had any for about three months and no primers for the last two months. Maybe things are starting to ease up. I do have to hand it to our local store though. I bought a muzzleloader last fall and when the sales clerk started to try and register it I told her that muzzleloaders were exempt. The manager backed me up and the sale went through without a hitch.

Firebricker
04-23-2009, 04:33 PM
The only Walmart with reloading supplys I've seen was in Hermiston,OR that was last year they even had a RCBS press kit. FB

KSpainhour
04-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Hello,
At least 4 wallmarts near me have reloading supplies, but the closest one does not. But, they say the will start carrying it soon. The one in Boone NC even had some once fired AA hulls awhile back.

Take Care,
Keith

JIMinPHX
04-23-2009, 07:22 PM
I travel most of the US & Canada for work. I have yet to see a single Walmart that carried powder. In a few places (like NJ) they don't even carry guns or ammo.