PDA

View Full Version : Good Colt Parts source

schreibwy
04-21-2009, 11:53 PM
I got a bargain basement price on a Colt Officer's Model Match and now I am getting it fixed. I did find a good source of colt parts: www.coltparts.com. I got prompt shipment from them, and they were knowledgeable and pleasant on the phone.

mike in co
04-22-2009, 01:30 AM
I got a bargain basement price on a Colt Officer's Model Match and now I am getting it fixed. I did find a good source of colt parts: www.coltparts.com. I got prompt shipment from them, and they were knowledgeable and pleasant on the phone.

no such thing as GOOD colt or parts.....

colt tried to sell your gun rights to stay in biz....why deal with traitors?

ouch
mike in co

Tom Herman
04-22-2009, 09:37 AM
no such thing as GOOD colt or parts.....

colt tried to sell your gun rights to stay in biz....why deal with traitors?

ouch
mike in co

Hi Mike, Kindly bring me up to speed... I know S&W jumped on the politically correct bandwagon(which is why I refuse to buy anything new from them), I missed what Colt did: What happened?

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

mike in co
04-22-2009, 10:00 AM
it was soo long ago.....70's i believe
i do not remember all the details.
but colt was trying to stay in biz and made deals/offers to the govenment to stay in the goverment contract biz. i was not very active in the nuts and bolts of it , as i was in the navy at the time and not shooting much.

part of it revolves around colt going to the odd parts on its ar rifles..selector block, odd trigger pins.

i just remember my dad( an active progun local rep/writer in so cal) ranting, getting rid of his colts and buying rugers, same for his S&W's and buying more rugers later.

maybe some older members will jump in( i'm a youngster at 60..lol).

mike in co

jplower
04-22-2009, 05:13 PM
As far as Colt's political burps, during the seventies and up through the late eighties, they were run by various CEO's who had jumped ship from other companies unrelated to the firearms industry. One of the last was a former auto manufacture excutive. He was so dumb he almost killed a vistor in the gun range with a python. It went off as he was showboating for the visitor. True story.

The current CEO is ex Marine General William Keyes, who was in command of Gulf war units and is legendary in the corp. He has stayed over ten years, where the others didn't try for more than two years. I seriously doubt that he is in the pocket of any politician. They have been fighting frivolous law suits for years. They're main problem is the UAW, who has sub optomized their operation for decades. Colt uses outside contractors in order to meet production demands due to the union's bullcrap. I've been there, I've seen it with my own eyes.

Tom Herman
04-22-2009, 10:39 PM
They're main problem is the UAW, who has sub optomized their operation for decades. Colt uses outside contractors in order to meet production demands due to the union's bullcrap. I've been there, I've seen it with my own eyes.

It sounds like they have come a long way, and are worthy of support. Anyone that ticks off the unions can't be all bad!

Welcome aboard, jplower!

Happy Shootin'! -Tom