PDA

View Full Version : Heads up................

JSH
02-21-2006, 12:29 PM
I have today off and was going to make a round picking up WW. Well, 3 of the 5 places I visit went from $10-12 a 5 gallon bucket to $20-35! I called my source for lino, he had at least 8-12 tons of the stuff the last time I was there .40 per pound. He also had to have 12+ tons of used WW. All of it is gone, sold to the same buyer.
I had read some on this subject in the past few months and didn't pay much attention to it. Another friend told me before Thanksgiving we would see a price jump on 22RF ammo as the alloys used for it supposedly doubled in price?
So, if any of you are so inclined you may want to do some calling around.
Friend of a friend in Arkansas, made a statment to the effect he was paying $40 a bucket for WW and glad to find them for that.
I am going to go see what I can find, will let you fellows know this evening.

Even if 5 gallon went for $40-50, it is still a good buy IMHO. Just takes some of the fun out of it.
Jeff

JSH
02-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Huh, dunno what is going on. I went to 2 places and had to come home and unload, still have not spent $30. Truck was kinda lite in the front, as I offered the fellows there buckets back and just dumped them on my bed liner. Me, being the nice fellow(lol) I am must have scored some points, fellow came luggin out 2 more than I paid for, "just take'm and gett'm outa here" he says.
Jeff

FISH4BUGS
02-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Still a case of Harpoon Ale for 2 buckets (one place) and $10 a bucket in another. I am now over 1000 lbs and looking to lay away a lifetime supply.

jhalcott
02-21-2006, 10:21 PM
I heard that new wheel weights do not contain lead because the environmental protection people had the makers change the alloy! Any truth in this? all my wheel weight ingots are about 8 years old,I worked back then!

Blacktail 8541
02-21-2006, 11:39 PM
The enviormentals have got them banned in europe, and they are now trying to do the same here. It is anyones guess how long it will be before they succeed, but if I was betting, I would pick sooner rather than latter.

Ron
02-22-2006, 03:21 AM
I managed to get 55 pounds of WW from my local tyre fitter just for the asking, maybe because I had just had 4 new tyres fitted by him. Have not heard anything over here about changes to WW's but will keep collecting and storing just in case. [smilie=p:

Ron

FESTINA LENTE