PDA

View Full Version : Ron's 45-120 Shiloh

Ron B.
04-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Today was/is gorgeous in Southern Colorado! A few days ago, a spring storm dumped 12 inches of snow on us. It's only a memory today as it's in the 60s out. Last week, I received a used Saeco 45 caliber Mould I'd purchased from RayinNJ. Two cavities, it throws a 480 gn bullet. I managed to cast a few bullets last Saturday; lubing/sizing them all yesterday. Anyway, here are the results! Using 19 grains of TrailBoss, my shots chrony'ed about 1035 fps. Plenty fast; plenty kick for me. That's 13 rounds through the bullseye; one flyer. I love this rifle and load! Okay, it's only 60 yards; but it's good for the old man. :Fire:I've included a 9mm for comparison; the 45-120 is 4 inches long!

*Oops!
Meant to disclose, those four shots north of my group are from an earlier session. I first loaded, using 18 gns of TB; needed just a little bit more speed. :castmine::castmine::Fire::Fire:

docone31
04-21-2009, 04:33 PM
The first photo is my background screen now.
I love it.
I miss my Sharps.

Ron B.
04-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey docone31!
Thanks for noticing my thread!

Yeas, Sharps definitely are special, not matter the maker! I've really grown to liking the 45-120. It too is very special; especially for those whom cast their own. I'm not a hunter; but this thing would make a dandy elk getter! Use my photos any way you wish; never had anyone do that before! Usually they want to tell me all about lighting, and angles! :Fire::Fire::Fire:

GRB

docone31
04-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Your photo stares me in the face!
I usually have my start page up awaiting to go online. Instead, I minus it down and just look at the beauty.
I also only punch paper, or a random clay pigeon. Usually at long distances though.
The last time I drew blood with a firearm, it was a rabbit. It stopped, looked at me, and just started at me. I couldn't fire. I was 12.
If I had to eat, I might have. My father beat me senseless for that moment of weakness. In my case, if that was weak, I shall be weak.
Ain't nothing like a Sharps.
I have no issue with hunters. None at all. We almost bought property in Kansas that was used for hunting. They were afraid I would stop them. Nah. I am concerned with trash, and needless slaughter.
I we gonna hunt, we be good enough the animal does not suffer.
That is what the Sharps is for.

Ron B.
04-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Wow D, your up-bringing (or lack thereof) reminds me of things I wanted to forget!Thank God, there is a God. And, people like that are no longer in his hands! :)

Rabbit, I shot at one one time until I ran out of bullets. The thing was so scared, he froze. I killed him with the butt of a Ruger 1022. Hate remembering that.

Me be weak,
GRB