PDA

View Full Version : gun show report...aurora, co

mike in co
04-20-2009, 04:13 PM
as promised i would post how the show went.
first it snowed thur eve, friday and sat. most areas had 12-18" some more, some less. the show id just east of i70 and had some but not as much. it was a sold out show, but some vendors got snowed out.
one vendor had small and large pistol, $40/k 2 k limit.
two vendors had small and large rifle......$65-75/k.....

yes i sold some small rifle primers at these prices.

now the bad news.
i have not seen the official announcement, but i have been told that wolf will raise thier primers price....no specific number...but hight than what i SOLD them for in the past......guessing retail at $30/k ( was low 20's).
thats all for now
two morw shows in the next two weeks

mike in co

Ole
04-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Maybe if the price goes up enough, more companies will start making them.

I wouldn't mind paying $30/k if they could raise production enough to keep up with the hoarders.

mike in co
04-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Maybe if the price goes up enough, more companies will start making them.

I wouldn't mind paying $30/k if they could raise production enough to keep up with the hoarders.

another joker.....
go read the reports on these boards....
remington is running 5-6 days a week, 10-12hr shifts..
winchesters and cci are similar.
where are these magically trained workers suppose to come from ??
when do they do machine maintenence ?
by the time you designed a plant, got it funded and build, ordered/built the equitment for it...this hiccup in supply and demand will just be a memory...
or of course....you could jump in and do it...loook at all the money you would make.....

mike in co

oldhickory
04-20-2009, 07:03 PM
another joker.....
by the time you designed a plant, got it funded and build, ordered/built the equitment for it...this hiccup in supply and demand will just be a memory...
or of course....you could jump in and do it...loook at all the money you would make.....

mike in co

Mike, Sandra at Remington told me they were running the lines alternating one week six days and the other seven, these folks only get one day every two weeks off.

Training workers are one of the problems they face, even pulling folks off the shotgun and rim fire lines to center fire still require training and experience to get it right, you don't just pull people off the streets to make ammunition.

Maintenance? We didn't talk about that, but I got the idea that it was tight. I imagine they have to shut a line down for repairs and scheduled maintenance was done on the fly or the few hours between shifts, (some 10, some 12 hours).

I believe the ammunition companies are doing all they can to get as much of their products into our hands as fast as they can. I suspected this as far back as 2007 and stocked up slowly over that year and a half. I saw on the "Cheaper Than Dirt" website, I think it was, 1000rds of SS109 surplus ammo for sale at, $999.97! I bought that same ammunition two years ago for $189.00 per 1000 and my brother chastised me saying, "I'll never pay that much for surplus ammo!"

Ole
04-20-2009, 08:05 PM
another joker.....

mike in co

Maybe the Chinese could start making them like they do everything else. :???:

anachronism
04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Maybe the Chinese could start making them like they do everything else. :???:

Illegal to import. Norinco has been banned from exporting ammunition to the US. Their stuff was crap anyway, but it was CHEAP crap.