PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Technical Support

webby4x4
04-20-2009, 01:59 PM
It's not too often that we hear about company's (or people, for that matter) that go above and beyond. However, I wanted to share a story that transpired this morning.

On Saturday afternoon, I was depriming several hundred 9mm rounds in preparation for some weekend reloading. Unfortunately, when I turned my turret, I didn't have my ram lowered, which bent my decap unit slightly. Upon trying to deprime, the depriming pin shattered. Upon disassembly, I realized that the decap unit (the threaded shank, and the part that holds the decap pin) were also ruined - this was clearly MY fault (user error).

At any rate, I sent an email to the tech support account at RCBS last night, looking for part #'s of the decap unit, and the 5-pack replacement set of pins.

I checked my email early this morning and their technical staff had already returned my email (very timely!).

Not only that, but they asked for my mailing address so that they could send me these parts. When I inquired about how I would go about paying for them, the reply simply said "Thanks for being an RCBS customer... these parts are on us. Have a great day".

What first-class service!!! Prompt, timely, and focused on making a happy customer. I know I'll be buying RCBS dies from here on out, that's for sure.

Anyhow, I thought I'd share this with you.

Please know that in no way am I affiliated with RCBS!

Regards,
Rick

Texasflyboy
04-20-2009, 02:02 PM
What first-class service!!! Prompt, timely, and focused on making a happy customer. I know I'll be buying RCBS dies from here on out, that's for sure.

Fred Huntington built a first class business with a first class customer service attitude.

They did the same thing for me when I lost the center pin for a .303 die set. They sent me the whole die.

I'm a customer for life....

webby4x4
04-20-2009, 02:53 PM
Nice! Do you think they are this way with all of their products (e.g. presses, scales, etc.)?

94Doug
04-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Yes.... Tumbers, presses, anything. I asked about cases for moulds that I had in paper boxes and they sent them without charge.

Shiloh
04-20-2009, 03:03 PM
They have sent me de-capping units gratis. They won't take a dime. Even for shipping.
Even when I told them I destoyed the de-capper removing a stuck case.

They have fixed a tumbler for me twice. An old RCBS about 25 years old. Purchased second hand. Out standing customer service dept!!

Shiloh