PDA

View Full Version : more good quotes...

castalott
02-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I couldn't find the original quote thread....so here are some new ones I shamelessly stole from others....

"Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond the comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws."
-- John Adams

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."
--Blaise Pascal

“When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered.” Dorothy Thompson

Labels are used by people with small minds to sum up large concepts, usually incorrectly.

A civilized free man's home includes a library and an armory.

"A libertarian is a person who believes that no one has the right, under any circumstances, to initiate force against another human being, or to advocate or delegate its initiation. Those who act consistently with this principle are libertarians, whether they realize it or not. Those who fail to act consistently with it are not libertarians, regardless of what they may claim."

Our enemy has the will to destroy us, but lacks the means.
We have the means to destroy our enemy, but lack the will.
It is a race to see who gets what first.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies,
in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)

There are three kinds of people in the world... Those who are good at math, and those who aren't.

When we are taxed on our earned incomes, in our food and our drink, in our coming and going, in our property, we will face the return of slavery and the reestablishment of an all-powerful and despotic elite.
Thomas Jefferson

Herb in Pa
02-20-2006, 08:34 PM
Have more than thou showest;

Speak less than thou knowest."

William Shakespeare, 'King Lear,' Act I, Scene iv

imashooter2
02-21-2006, 12:28 AM
"...It does not say 'shall not be infringed, unless the weapon in question is really scary.' They're SUPPOSED to be scary. The occupants of Washington City are supposed to go to bed every night, wondering if anything they've done today will get them what it got Charles the First in 1649, or Louis XVI in 1793." - Vin Suprynowicz

imashooter2
02-21-2006, 12:40 AM
... for the ram, by nature, is a wild and courageous animal, lonely in lonely places, whereas when tamed and made to lie down in green pastures, nothing is left but the docile, cowardly, gregarious and succulent beast. This is the theory of government. --Aleister Crowley

Frank46
02-21-2006, 03:44 AM
Dazzle them with brillance or baffle them with bulls--t

The Nyack Kid
02-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Im not out of good quotes yet . how bout ;
"No apolagees given , but exuses suplied apon demand.

dont like my spellin ? see the above quote.

versifier
02-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Why do they call it tourist season if we're not allowed to shoot them?

God made Darwin in His image.

I'm not as think as you stupid I am.

Never bend over in front of a democrat.

Dog is my copilot.

The early bird catches the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

If a good kick in the balls doesn't stop the argument, try a hollow point or two.

The best way to avoid trouble is to avoid it in the first place.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

and, as ever....