PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day for the Family

Bigjohn
04-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Approximately 7p.m. on Thursday 16th. April 2009, a bus carrying 15 passengers left the road and rolled.

Three passengers died at the scene; nine were injured and transferred to hospitals. No other vehicle was involved and no cause has been determined at this time.

Of the three passengers who died; one is a male about 30, as yet unidentified; the other two are mother and daugther.

The Mother, Sabrina aged 20 and the daugther, Maddison aged 2; were the mother & daughter of my nephew, Daniel.

Daniel was not travelling on the bus and received the news this morning. In one moment his entire family are gone.

My heart feels very hollow at this moment and it is difficult to type throught the tears as they well up. So I will close with thoughts and prayers for all the victims.

John

twotrees
04-17-2009, 01:58 AM
I lost my oldest son in a car wreck, less than 2 miles from home. This June 8th will be 10 years and my heart still feels hollow.

Grieve with your nephew and just be there When He wants to talk. And most of all Pray for him, as he will be as low as a person can get and still go on.

Prayers for you, him and all your family

TwoTrees and RedFoxy

From USA Georgia

gon2shoot
04-17-2009, 07:26 AM
You must have awfull big sholders to carry all this.
Prayers will be sent for you and your family.

peterthevet
04-17-2009, 07:35 AM
Prayers and thoughts to you and your family from a fellow aussie.......I lost someone who was very close to me recently and I feel your pain - time will soften what you are feeling now. Try and keep your chin up buddy. Kindest regards Peter

Bret4207
04-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Thoughts and prayer to you and yours. That's a really tough event for a young man to go through.

MT Gianni
04-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Prayers and thought go out. As his uncle please do what you can to keep him busy and don't be afraid to listen. Gianni

housedad
04-17-2009, 05:36 PM
A terrible and tragic accident. I pray that you get through the grief and pain, and I extend my deepest sympathies.

May God go with you and Daniel, and that he cares well for Sabrina and Madison.

shdwlkr
04-18-2009, 01:38 PM
John
I am so sorry for you and your nephew's loss. I totally understand the empty feeling. My first wife was murdered and I heard about it on the news at 11 pm the day she was killed. Just last year I found my 13 year old daughter dead in her bed in the house and it has been a very tough year.
If you want need to talk pm me we can talk as I have been there more times then I care to admit but you can get through it. You just need to let all those feelings out, took me years with the first wife's death.

Bigjohn
04-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Daniel has had to do the most painful thing in his life ever by identifying Sabrina and Madison. I suspected at the time of the accident but could not until now confirm it; Sabrina was also 6 to 7 months pregnant with their second child.

He was also waiting to collect them from the bus when contacted by the local police. At present, he is staying with his father and all the members of both families have gathered to offer him as much support as he may need.

I have tried to help him since his mother, my sister, passed away before he was five and will be there to help and listen if he needs it.

Thank you, all of you for your support in this saddest of times,

John

45nut
04-19-2009, 01:32 AM
extremely hard to read, much less imagine the pain and grief, you have my sympathy and prayers.

Recluse
04-19-2009, 11:07 AM
It's hard having your faith tested, even harder for your nephew. The Devil doesn't play fair--decpetion and misery are two of his favorite toys. Don't let the SOB win.

Prayers and thoughts from Texas are headed your way.

:coffee:

shdwlkr
04-19-2009, 11:09 AM
John
Everything Daniel is doing now he is doing automatically, so watch him as he might try and do some stupid things because he has just lost everything in his life that meant anything to him. I know as I had to go through it when my first wife was murdered I was only 32 at the time you get really stupid and I still had my two kids but I totally shut down for a long time and someone with me all the time for months until my brain started working right again.
I will keep you and yours in my prayers as this is a very hard thing to deal with the and the worst is the questions you keep asking yourself that have no good answer.
The only answer that anyone can offer is that it was just there time to go home and the way they left was the way they were to leave and for us to grow from it. I know that might sound cold and simple but if you linger on it it will eat you alive and the rest of your life will be filled with pain and suffering and the desire to do anything fun will just not be there. I know I was there for a very long time until I accepted the fact it was my wife's time to leave and those of left behind had to just accept it. Very hard to do and even now 29 years later I still wonder why she died and not me. Yes it stays with you for life and you just have to find away to push it into the back of your brain and leave it there as much as you can.
As I said before pm me if you want to Not because I am smart or have all the answers but because I have been there and can understand many of the things your are going to have to do and will do just because of what happened.
Like cleaning up all of his family's stuff and doing something with it, like deciding to stay in the house or sell it, what to do with the vehicle or vehicles they road in, pictures what to do with them, and much much more it will all have to be dealt with in some way. Yes I do know what is ahead for you and Daniel.
My deepest condolences john to you, Daniel and all family members as this is a very hard time.

Throwback
04-21-2009, 10:03 PM
God bless you and your nephew John. My prayers are with you.

Bigjohn
04-29-2009, 07:59 PM
At 2 p.m. today, we will lay to rest to mortal bodies and souls of Sabrina Brady (19), Maddison Dobie (2) and unborn child.

Our thoughts for the partner of Sabrina and father of Maddison & unborn child; Daniel.

May they rest in peace together.

John
(Uncle of Daniel)

mstarling
05-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Our most sincere condolences on your loss. Our heartfelt prayers for everyone involved.

shdwlkr
05-06-2009, 09:51 AM
bigjohn
I know just how sad a time this is as my first wife was murdered and left me with two kids that are grown now and don't want a thing to do with dad. It is just the way things work out in life for some of us. I have a 2 year old girl and a 3 year old boy that think dad is a kool kind of guy and next year the boy and dad are going out shootinig. My stepdaughter's son went out with grandpa over a year ago at 4 and he shot everything grandpa took out even my 45 acp and a few of my levers. Dad alas hasn't taken him out since so grandpa is going to have to do it and take mom out too after she recovers from the new little one that is due in a couple of months. Husband won't take her out either but bought the ammo so grandpa can take her out. Go figure Only bad part is that it is a twelve hour drive for grandpa to get to there house.
Think of the good times and forget all the rest as it doesn't matter anyway. I lost my first wife 29 years ago and still have flash backs. I can still remember how I found out and came to tell me.