PDA

View Full Version : My Mother has passed away

housedad
04-17-2009, 12:38 AM
My mother, Ada P. Rogers, passed away on Tuesday morning from complications of cancer. She was 80 years old.

She put up a long and hard fight, but the Lord finally called her to him. This was her second fight after beating it 15 years ago.

Mother was a rock. She was reared on the Everglades during the Depression, living in tents during those years. The life she lived made her the strongest willed person that I have ever known, with the largest amount of simple and complex common sense anyone could hope to ever have.

It was our mother that showed each of us what a gun was and how to shoot it. She taught my brothers, sister, and I how to hunt, to skin, to tan, and how to train a hunting dog, as father was working so much. She still went to he range and shot her Model10 S&W up till the time she was diagnosed with this cancer.

Her belief that firearms were an important part of making a person with a strong mind, she made sure that each of us recieved a rifle and a pistol for our 16th birthday.

She had educated herself, and we remember how she would tutor us in our math and physics during high school. Remarkable how far she had taken herself.

She was a central anchor point for our family, and was the reason that all of us were so close. No matter what, she loved with out even the slightest doubt. She truly showed total and unconditional love to her family throughout her life. We learned how to love from her.

Her wisdom, guidance, and most especially, her love will be greatly missed.

I, and our family, are thankful for all the prayers that folk on this board have made for her.

45nut
04-17-2009, 01:06 AM
I am sorry for your loss my friend.

waksupi
04-17-2009, 01:26 AM
Sorry to hear of her passing.
A few years back, my grandmother passed. The doctors told her she had cancer, and they wanted to operate. She was 98 at that time. She told them they were crazy, and to leave her alone.
Wheter it is the person's choice or not, we all come to the end sometime. Hopefully when we go, we leave something good behind.

twotrees
04-17-2009, 02:03 AM
May God hold her in his hand and may his hand be on your heart.

Prayers sent from here in Ga.

From TwoTrees and RedFoxy

gon2shoot
04-17-2009, 07:21 AM
Sorry for your loss.

square butte
04-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Very sorry for your loss. Sounds like your mother was exceptional. You truely got a good one there. Not every one is as fortunate as you were. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

peterthevet
04-17-2009, 07:40 AM
What a beautiful tribute you wrote for your mum........she would be exceptionally proud of you. My prayers for you and your family.

Bret4207
04-17-2009, 08:42 AM
My sincerest condolences. She sounds like a remarkable woman. Cherish the memories.

Bigjohn
04-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Housedad, even in my time of sadness, I send you and your families my thoughts and prayers on the loss of you mother.

Be aware that each and everyone of you will carry something of her throughout your lives which I am certain you will endeavour to pass on.

Regards,
John

rugerman1
08-30-2009, 11:32 PM
My condolences,Bion

WILCO
08-31-2009, 09:52 AM
Very sorry for your loss. Sounds like your mother was exceptional.

Ditto for me!

outdoorfan
08-31-2009, 10:49 AM
What an AMAZING person!!

John D
08-31-2009, 03:57 PM
Bion,

My condolences to you and your family.

09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I am very sorry

Dean D.
09-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Bion, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Words mean little at times like this but you were lucky to have had such a remarkable lady as a Mother.

God Bless, Dean D.

358wcf
09-04-2009, 06:21 PM
:cry:You have written a remarkable tribute to your dear Mother- she played a critical role in building your family and especially You- you have her to thank for who you are, and the family you have.
Remember the lessons, the love, the smiles, and yes, even the pain. She gave her all; remember her for that-
Love the memories, retell the stories, make them part of your heritage.

Go in peace, friend- she is in a better place.

358wcf:

Dframe
09-04-2009, 07:17 PM
Please accpet my sincerest condolences.