PDA

View Full Version : Association Membership Banners

Bigjohn
04-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Members here are able to have the NRA Membership banner placed beside their posting.

Unfortunately, it can be difficult for overseas forum members to also be members of the NRA but they may be members of Associations within their own country.

I have been a member of the Sporting Shooters Association of Australia since 1973.

Is it possible for us to include these banners with our names?

John

Gunload Master
04-15-2009, 08:12 PM
This can go for anyone and everyone. If you want to have a logo for your organization, please post the name AND website for them and I will do my best to get them all setup for you to display.

Bigjohn
04-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia

http://www.ssaa.org.au

If it can be done; I would like to display my affiliation,
Thank you,
John

Ron
04-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Good idea John!

1Shirt
04-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Great Idea!~
1Shirt!:coffee:

Echo
04-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Great idea! I look forward to these displays.

Bigjohn
04-16-2009, 05:11 PM
I had a moment, when I thought that as this forum represents an International section of the shooting sport, that it would be a good idea if we had the option to display our affiliations to the local shooting bodies/organisations.

John

gon2shoot
04-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Yer a good man Willy.
Let everyone fly their colors.

waksupi
04-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I also fully support the display of foreign shooting association banners, and look forward to seeing them here.
Great idea!

Gunload Master
04-17-2009, 11:44 PM
John, go here:
http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups
and select your membership.. Hopefully I did that graphic justice. Trying to work the color scheme into their site.

hornsurgeon
04-17-2009, 11:53 PM
while we are on this subject, what do the other things signify? like the boolits, etc?

imashooter2
04-18-2009, 12:08 AM
while we are on this subject, what do the other things signify? like the boolits, etc?

The gray boolit icon represents 1,000 posts. The gold boolit icon is for 5,000 posts.

Bigjohn
04-19-2009, 12:54 AM
Thank you for your efforts, I have been proud to be a member of this association for many years and now myself and others can fly the 'flag' internationally.

Thank you again,
John

dromia
04-19-2009, 03:21 AM
I've been a member of the NRA here for nigh on 30 years, its our main national body for full bore shooting. There are others, such as the muzzle loaders, Shooters Rights association, BASC (countryside hunting), NSRA (small bore), CPA (clay pigeon), HBSA (Historic and a London Clique) etc. etc.

I'm a member of most except BASC which is just too despicable an organisation to join. Non of these organisations represent shooters either well or nationally, you can see that with our gun laws.

I'm a member because its easy to criticise from the outside, at least if you are a member then you have a say within.

Things are changing slightly within the NRA attitude wise, however the story on the ground with more control and shooter certification to use MoD ranges isn't in line with the new verbal approach.

There is talk of these bodies merging over time to form an organisation called, wait for it, NATSS.

The problem is that they all miss the crucial point that guns and shooting is the issue not the discipline shot.

Therefore I'll forgo using a UK banner as there is none I could show with pride and I'll just stick with the Cast Boolits one which is one I can wear with pride.

imashooter2
04-19-2009, 09:24 AM
I hear you dromia. I've been an NRA member my entire adult life, but there's no banner under my name.