PDA

View Full Version : Question on new to BS BH

Bullshop
02-18-2006, 11:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/bullshop/054f74c5.jpg

This is the addition to Bull mania I mentioned earlier. This target was fired with a cylender each of two different Lyman molds. Both Keith style but one is checked and one not. Also the checked boolit was fired with mag primers and the PB standerd.
Not a lab test just put the target out about as far as I can throw a snow ball and rested forarms over the hood of the PU.
The one out of the big hole was with a check and it was most shurley me. As that big hole widened each time it is where the sights were. Jr. says I am wobable ( his word).
Both boolits were pushed by 19.7gn H-108 and the boolits were cast this morning of ACWW. Lubed with Speed Green barrel is clean and lead free.
This thing is a sweety having already been smoothed up by its previous owner with a wolf spring kit and lapped barrel. I inlaid a brass strip in the front blade so me old tired eyes can pick it up a we mite better in poor light.
Now I have a question for yalls knowegable in sech thangs. The top strap is D&T with two holes. QUESTION - Who made a D&T base for the BH.
I have never liked a scoped hand gun but if these eyes continue in the next five years as they have over the last I may have to consider it.
For right now I can hold my own, so sharpen up boy's and get ready for the short gun part of the postal match. We hit +48F today yeeehaaa sunny and calm beeeauuuuteeefulll and ol BS is a paper punchin fool.
BIC/BS

Topper
02-18-2006, 11:26 PM
That's a nice group ;-)

fecmech
02-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Bullshop--Weigand makes a mount with 2 holes,( and it uses the sight adj. hole) thats what I put on mine. The wife has the camera in town tonight so I can't take a pic now. On my SBH the 2 holes are approx .3" apart and the front hole is approx 1.560" from the centerline of the sight verticle adjustment screw. I'm talking center to center on the screws. When I drilled mine I had to be careful with the front hole as the drill would just touch the barrel back face. Hope this helps. Nick

BOOM BOOM
02-20-2006, 01:57 AM
HI,
Yes thats a nice group. Look out deer!

bisley45
02-20-2006, 09:35 AM
I bet that it is taped for the leapold (I think that is how you spell it) I am with you I dont like them scopes on a hand gun but man I sure can shoot it alot better here is a picture of my bishawk the frame is a bh the grip are bis some people dont know that this is the strongest and purdyest mount that I have found
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/lisa1lacy2/my%20guns/lisaandlacy016.jpg

Bullshop
02-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Bisley45
Could you possibly give a measurment of the hole spacing of the two D&T holes?
The measurments given by Fecmech sounded a bit closer together than on this one. I didnt measure yet just eyeballed. It would be a big help if ya could, THANKS!!!
BIC/BS

44man
02-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Bullshop, how far did you shoot? Starmetal can tell you how to make it shoot better.

StarMetal
02-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Bullshop,

That's true....just give it 44man, he'll shoot circles around you with it any day of the week. :kidding:

Joe

fecmech
02-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Judging by your post weigand is not the mount but here is the pic anyway.

Bullshop
02-20-2006, 11:48 PM
fecmech
Thanks for the pic. Now I know for shure its not that. The flat on my top strap has a hole on each end, much wider spacing than yours. They look to be equal in spacing to each other as the rear one is to the sight adjusting screw, three equaly spaced holes.
Thanks for eliminating that one for me!!!
BIC/BS

Four Fingers of Death
02-21-2006, 02:01 AM
I bet that it is taped for the leapold (I think that is how you spell it) I am with you I dont like them scopes on a hand gun but man I sure can shoot it alot better here is a picture of my bishawk the frame is a bh the grip are bis some people dont know that this is the strongest and purdyest mount that I have found
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/lisa1lacy2/my%20guns/lisaandlacy016.jpg

Its spelt Leupold, I've always been told that it is pronounced lew-pold.

I don't use scopes on handguns, but use virtually all Leupolds on my hunting bolt guns, great product.

I like that cartridge case set into the grip, looks good.

versifier
02-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Bullshop,
Could it be that someone simply took maybe an inexpensive aluminum weaver-style rifle base, modified it to fit and mounted it because he either could not find or could not afford one specially made? If so, it might have looked like a real Bubba job and was removed before sale. I have rigged up a few, shall we say, "unconventional" looking setups over the years to experiment with this or that with no regard for esthetics on several different firearms. I knew enough to remove them so as not to scare off potential buyers.
One guy did track me down to get the mount that I made for an old bolt .22. He said he wanted it to kill squirrels, skunks, woodchucks, raccoons, and quill pigs, needed to put a scope on it because he couldn't see the rear sight, and none of them would be complaining to him about how it looked. I tried to just give it to him, but he was too proud, so I let him trade me a box of shotgun shells for it and he went away happy....

44man
02-21-2006, 11:07 PM
Nope, Joe, I won't argue about it, bullshop did some mighty fine shooting and I compliment him on it. If he can throw a snowball 50 yd's it is VERY fine shooting. I just wanted to know. There was no pun intended, but for you, I had to yank the chain, after all we uns is KIN!