PDA

View Full Version : Sprue lube

Trey45
04-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm sure this has been covered many times here, I just want to give praise to the bullshop sprue lube I got in todays mail. I also got a H&G #50 2 cavity mould in todays mail from Italy, and with this new sprue plate lube, I am casting a plethora of boolits with NO plate smears or dragging. I'm glad i ordered 4 bottles, I don't think I'll ever use that much, but at least I have it in case I do need it. If you haven't tried this sprue plate lube, DO SO! A little goes a very long way. Also got 2 pounds of speed green, since I am pretty much stuck lubing boolits by hand I am stuck with soft lubes, this speed green is awesome! Virtually no smoke to speak of with this speed green. Smells kinda funky, but who cares, it works very well for me!
Maybe one day I'll actually get my backordered lubrisizer from midway and I'll be able to lube boolits like the rest of you do :)

2TN Mules
04-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Glad to hear another member sing the praises of bullshop sprue lube.

I ordered 4 bottles last week. I have never used it but everyone gives such high remarks that I had to try. I just got my 45acp 2R tumble lube mold back from Lee repair shop today and badly wanted to begin casting. I held off and am waiting for the sprue lube to arrive before using the mold again. Want to see how the repaired mold holds up using bullshop verses beeswax and pencil lead for lube.

SWIAFB
04-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Both of you bought 4 bottles ? That ain't enough, I don't know where Daniel gets those little round bottom bottles from but you should of got at least a dozen each. They tip over real easy, if your a kluz like me, but there is not a better mold lube made. SWIAFB

Springfield
04-14-2009, 10:34 AM
I put a couple bottles in an old BP cleaning fluid bottle a it has a small pour spout. I managed to knock over 2 bottles before I got smart. I have 18 bottles of Bullshop Sprue lube on hand, hope to never run out. It IS worth it.

captaint
04-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Trey, don't feel bad, I'm still tumble lubing all my boolits and none of them are TL designs. I use half LLA and half JPW. It's a little messy but they shoot great. And yo, I bought 2 bottles of Bullplate and figured I'd have to sell one someday. Mike

2TN Mules
04-14-2009, 06:48 PM
If you knew me you'd know why I had to get 4. I always have to get 3 of anything I want/need because I'll loose 1, tear 1 up, and then have only 1 to use. Figgured since it was coming from AK I'd better get 4 instead of 3. Thanks for the tip about the bottles!