PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous quote

RugerFan
02-18-2006, 12:11 AM
I was listening to ESPN radio today and the topic for a while was a pretty outrageous quote by Bryant Gumbel that he made on "HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" last week concerning the Winter Olympics. The quote went as follows:

"Try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity (lack) of Blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention."

What on earth is this guy thinking? That without blacks in the mix as a measuring stick, whites cannot assume to be world class athletes??? I suppose he thinks that Lance Armstrong's accomplishments aren't credible because there aren't enough blacks that race in the tour de France. Unbelievable!!!

StarMetal
02-18-2006, 12:13 AM
He's a liberal extreme left enviormental wacko anti-gunner Democrat, what do you expect....plus he's black.

Scrounger
02-18-2006, 12:38 AM
He's a liberal extreme left enviormental wacko anti-gunner Democrat, what do you expect....plus he's black.

Gee, it's not like you to soft pedal things, Joe, go ahead and say what you think... :kidding:

StarMetal
02-18-2006, 12:40 AM
:bigsmyl2:

Dale53
02-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Bryant "Grumble" is a jerk! What is even worse, is he's a racist of the worst kind.

Dale53

StarMetal
02-18-2006, 01:01 AM
Well ya know Arty, we let the liberal take this country over. To tell you the truth I believe we let them do it through the news media. You have to admit they are very left and liberal. They even stoop as far that if a story doesn't run down the President or the Republican party they don't run it, makes they look bad or wrong. It's about time the good people in this country took the country back over. Gumble really is a A**hole and everyone knows it.

Joe

Buckshot
02-18-2006, 08:43 AM
..................Could you imagine what would happen if a white guy said that about a lack of lightly complected people?

...............Buckshot

Scrounger
02-18-2006, 10:17 AM
..................Could you imagine what would happen if a white guy said that about a lack of lightly complected people?

...............Buckshot

Look what happened to Al Campanis for his interview on Nightline about 20 years ago. http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/footinmouths.html

KCSO
02-18-2006, 12:02 PM
This reminds me of how my grandfather picked which team to root for, he just counted up and rooted for the team with the most white guys. We called him a closet racist.

StarMetal
02-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Whoa kaka.....hope I didin't start something here. Don't get me wrong fellows, I love black folks, I'm mainly talking about politicians and hollywood celebreties. Hey you all hear Lynn Swan is running for Governor of Pa? Now I'd vote for him, he's not a bad guy.

Yes the tables have been turned on us, w'ere the minority now. Here's one thing to ponder. The blacks go on and on about what we have done to them.....hell...look at the Indians....we took their land and put them on crappy reservations. The Blacks got off easy.

You know whatelse....blacks are blacks and indians are indians to me, none of this Afro-American and Native American ********.

Joe

Scrounger
02-18-2006, 12:25 PM
What we did to the Japanese-Americans in WWII was wrong, all the way. But giving them monetary reparations set a dangerous precedent that really upset blacks and Indians andprobably will cost us a lot of money in the future.

grumble
02-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Bryant "Grumble" is a jerk! What is even worse, is he's a racist of the worst kind.

Dale53

Dale, thank you for not putting a comma after "Bryant." <G>

StarMetal
02-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Art,

Who said it was wrong besides the Japs...the liberals? What the Japanese did in WWII was wrong. Kamikaze.....kamikaze my ass, the chicken **** mother f**kers couldn't win fair and square. To me that is as bad and cowardly as these terrorist suicide bombers we have today....and I won't even speak of the astrocities they did to prisoners and also they didn't agree too or sign the Geneva convention treaty. So why didn't we shoot the ******** with soft points and hollow points?

Joe

nighthunter
02-18-2006, 05:14 PM
Starmetal .... We do shoot them with hollow points.
Nighthunter

Blackwater
02-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Gumbel ... THINK???? Where on earth did you get the idea THAT man can THINK???? There's a REASON his name rhymes with "dumbell!!!"

StarMetal
02-18-2006, 07:51 PM
nighthunter

Yeah, there's no conventions with the terrorists, so I know that and I know some of the ammo we are using.

Joe

Bigscot
02-19-2006, 09:45 PM
That is why I don't watch he NBA. It is not a real sport. Not enough Japanese.
Gumble is an arrogant, racist a$$ hole who needs the same treatment Jimmy the Greek received.

BS

fatnhappy
02-20-2006, 02:36 AM
What we did to the Japanese-Americans in WWII was wrong, all the way. But giving them monetary reparations set a dangerous precedent that really upset blacks and Indians andprobably will cost us a lot of money in the future.

Some people point to the lack of Japanese 5th column attacks during WWII and crow that such incarcerations were unnecessary. I personally opine that they were instead, effective. The dangerous precedent is that we didn't incarcerate every middle eastern foreign national on 9/12.