PDA

View Full Version : 2 3/4" Dual-Ball Load

T-Rex
04-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Any such thing in a shorter version of the Dixie Slug Tri-Ball Slug?

I have a MD-20 drum magazine on my Saiga-12 shotgun that is limited to 2 3/4" loads. I would love to find a decent load with a single or double ball load that would work well with its full choke.

I do cast the Lee 7/8 and 1 oz slugs. Maybe a sizing die would do to accomplish the same thing.

Any suggestions?

KCSO
04-13-2009, 04:17 PM
Try using a .660 ball in a 12 Ga one piece wad two balls should fill the cavity in a Federal wad and the wad will center the balls and will squeeze through the choke. I use 2 .560 balls in my 16 Ga like this, but I prefer to use them in a Modified choke barrel. The 560's weigh just a little over 1 Oz and will throw into 2" at 30 yards.

T-Rex
04-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks, I figured someone had looked at this. I do have that full choke, though, and I was thinking of .575, or .60 balls. Especially, because I intend to use a fairly hard lead reclaimed from a shooting range. I have already ordered a .575 mould, and will start working up a load based upon the actual size and weight of my resulting castings. More than likely I will need to move up at least to the .60 mold, but time will tell. That is unless someone else has a little more experience for me to learn from.