PDA

View Full Version : Hornady Projector/ Lock N Load help

BLFD1
04-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Hey guys~

I need close up pics of the Hornady LnL AP press. I have a Hornady Projector (Pre LnL) and I've read several places that it is compatible with most, if not all of the new LnL parts. I'd like to add the new parts to my press, but I'd like to compare pics of the two before I start buying and trying to fit parts to mine.

The Projector is a rock solid press and works well, but the bullet feed and case feeder are callin' my name. I'm not opposed to makin' some parts... I like to fab stuff but not to waste a bunch of $$ if it isn't gonna work.

Also, if you know parts that will interchange for certain, let me know.

Help a brotha' out!

Thanks guys

Ron B.
04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Hello BLFD1!
Welcome over!

Personally, I think you'd do best calling Hornady direct. Those guys, and gals will fix you right up. I own two LNL-APs; and would be willing to send you any photos you need. But, I'm not so sure the photos by themselves would answer all your questions. Here's Hornady's contact info. Send me a PM, including your email address and I'll see about getting you photos.

Hornady Mfg. Co.
3625 Old Potash Hwy
Grand Island, NE 68802-1848
USA
Phone: 1-800-338-3220
Phone: 308-382-1390
Fax: 308-382-5761

Hornady's also got a grand 1000 FREE BULLET offer working. You may do best just to get you a brand new system
http://www.hornady.com/get_loaded.php

Good luck!
GRB

kenjuudo
04-12-2009, 12:11 PM
PM sent.

jim

BLFD1
04-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the info GBR.

I called Hornady while ordering some parts and they seemed less than excited to give me any information about interchangeability. I asked "are any parts interchangeable between the presses?" and flat out the guy said "no". Well, I know that's not the case 'cause I've seen (on the net) guys add the case feed and use their shell plates (with mod from Hornady) on the new LnL. I'm not opposed to doing some fabricating (I love that stuff) to make it all work. I just need to look at both presses and see where the differences are if there is any.