PDA

View Full Version : Selling a "PRIME" Service ---

Ron B.
04-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm thinking out loud here; about a possible business venture. So, bear with me please. :coffee:

I haven't been around the site long. But, many of you now know me; through sales, and purchases. I think I have a good reputation here. So. :Fire::Fire::Fire:

We all know the present primer situation; can't find any nowhere. And, if you do there's the shipping and HAZMAT fees to consider. What if a person, like me is willing to sell primers, but on a promise? What I mean is, if someone out there is needing primers, and has good clean brass (with primer pocket resized/deburred? would send their brass to me, I would prime their brass. Once done, I would return the primed brass to the person, via UPS. Of course, I would declare the primed brass ORM-D; keeping everything legal.:groner:

How much would this service be worth to you guys? I really don't want to get into resizing, cleaning, chamfering, deburring brass, or any of that. But, I could certainly handle priming prepared brass; and quicklly. Also, I'm not going to try and get rich off anyone; but the venture needs to be worth my time. I'm retired; so, I have the time. But, I think it's best to start small. If anyone wants to try my service out, I'm willing to take ten orders. Whatever amount of brass you are willing to send to me, up to 2000 quanity. I think I can handle this quanity just fine. I'm thinking of limiting my service to 10 orders for now. It will give me a chance to work out the bugs; that sort of thing. I'm also going to limit my prime selection to Large Pistol Primers only. I've got a lot of those. I may take orders for Large Rifle later. If you need Magnum Large Pistol Primers, I have those too.

What do you think? What,in you opinion would a service like this be worth PER THOUSAND PRIMERS/Brass? Since I'd be using UPS, shipping would have to be extra.

Any interest? :castmine:
GRB

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
04-12-2009, 12:05 PM
I seen this brought up last week on another forum. Shipping on any amount of brass is going to equal hazmat fees. And I dont think I wouldd want anyone priming my brass. Im really nit picky

Ron B.
04-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Why not Idaho; priming your brass I mean? It's either primed, or not. I have Winchester, CCI, and Federal primers. I also have Wolf brand. Just curious is all.

GRB

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
04-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Why not Idaho; priming your brass I mean? It's either primed, or not. I have Winchester, CCI, and Federal primers. I also have Wolf brand. Just curious is all.

GRB

I seat them all with the same pressure, using a sinclair seater with gauge. And the fact that I have more primers than In would like to admit to having is another reason. [smilie=1:

Ron B.
04-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey Idaho, out of curiousity I went to Sinclair Int'l's site. I could not find a primer seating device with pressure seating gauge. Are they still selling it?

Thanks,
GRB

Lloyd Smale
04-12-2009, 07:21 PM
want to sell some of those lg rifle primers. If so pm me.

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
04-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey Idaho, out of curiousity I went to Sinclair Int'l's site. I could not find a primer seating device with pressure seating gauge. Are they still selling it?

Thanks,
GRB

I saw it the other day somewhere on the net.
I went to an estate sale last summer and this was on of the things I liked that I picked up. I bought all the reloading stuff that was there for $600. There were 4 cases -1.5 boxes of Lapua 300 WM brass in the collection. So 3850 new casings. So I made out big time. At the time I had no idea what it was worth.
I will see if I can find the primer.

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
04-12-2009, 07:30 PM
GRB Im sorry, its a K&M brand. scroll down and you will see it.

http://www.precisionreloading.com/KMProducts.htm

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
04-12-2009, 07:34 PM
want to sell some of those lg rifle primers. If so pm me.

I will sell if your willing to come pick them up. Im not shipping

cajun shooter
04-13-2009, 06:49 AM
GRB, I will have to disagree with your statement of it's either primed or not. Have you ever heard of high primer? Or worse yet, Ive seen primers seated and crushed to the point that they would not fire. I've seen primer problems of all sorts almost every week at CAS matches. We had one older man that has been loading for a while and was having all kinds of misfires. The primer was seated so that it would clear the recoil shield but not seated to the primer pocket. His hammer strike was then seating the primer and causing a misfire. I would also think but do not know for sure that two way shipping would be equal to or greater than haz-mat fees. How lazy do you feel reloaders have gotten?Ha!! Ha!! Later David

Ron B.
04-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Okay Guys,
It was just a thought.

These times demand inovations, and ideas. Obviously all of you responders have things covered; good supplies. Good for you! I'm sure there are quite a few folks hurting right now; for primers. My plan was/is to help; not hinder. Or, to take advantage of anyone.

As far as seating depth, pressures, ect. all valid points. I never crush primers. I always check for high primers. In other words, if I do this, it will be done right. Or, I just won't do it.
I'm simply attempting to offer a legal solution to a very explosive situation. :)

About shipping charges.
Obviously, no one will have to worry about HAZMAT charges; if there are no primers to purchase. :)

Thanks fellows!
GRB