PDA

View Full Version : .32 special update

mainiac
04-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Finally a good day to shoot. Shot 3 different powders,6 different charges,and 2 different boolits....The ol 1952 marlin shot every load between .750-and 1.25 @ 50 yards. Everybody always said that the .32 special was cast friendly,and that is a fact! Every load tried had almost the exact same point of impact. Every group but one,was nice round groups,no stringing. 8 five shot groups,and the bore looks like it was never fired! This gun has 4 grooves in the barrell, and is .320 diameter.Cant beleave how this old gun just wants to shoot! Think i will stick with h-335 powder, and its neck and-neck between the rcbs,and the ranchdog boolit. They shoot almost exactly the same groups,and to the same point of impact.Going to be hard to pick a favorite!! Think this gun will become my most accurate lever-gun,,,,once i get her fine tuned.

Leadforbrains
04-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Awesome! The .32 win spcl is a great cast boolit gun. I love mine to.

Sixgun Symphony
04-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Most excellent! :)

Char-Gar
04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
A few years back I bought a 94 carbine in 32W.S. from Griffin and Howe. It was a 1958 vintage, with a Lyman 66 sight and it looked as if it had never been fired. I loaded the RCBS bullet over 30/H335 and went to the range. I fired four consecutive five shot groups and they all measured less than one inch (50 yards). I took another ten rounds and set the sights for 100 yards, and that was the end of load development. The load is somewhere at or near factory load velocity and has some thump to it.

I keep the rifle clean, sighted and with 60 rounds of this ammo close at hand. Anytime I want a rifle that is ready to go, it is the one I grab. All of the others are in various stages of load development and fiddling with. The 32 WS is a using rifle. Everybody ought to have one rifle that is accurate, reliable and ready at all times. I pity any poor creature that catches one of those FN slugs in a tender spot!

1950Target
04-20-2009, 06:27 PM
I have a very arly (late 1940's) Marlin 336 ADL in .32 Win. It shoots anything it is fed like it is directed by radar.

I also have a flat band 1947 94 SRC in .32 and shoots absolutely sweet. It's a good cartiridge and those rifles were built in a day when artists and craftsmen took real pride in their work. They built really good rifles.

marlinman93
04-20-2009, 07:02 PM
I shoot a couple 1893/'93 Marlins in .32 Win Spl and you can't help but love this caliber. If the bores are good, they just seem to shoot well. Not as finicky as my .32-40 about loads either. They shoot a wide variety of powders and bullets all with excellent accuracy.