PDA

View Full Version : Lee load all question

tonyb
04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I was thinking about getting one for loading slug loads. I'm not a big shotgun shooter, so I was thinking it would be enough for me.
Are they any good for this? Anyone use the Lee load all?

Thanks, Charles

MtGun44
04-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Used one years ago, worked just fine. One thing - I think you need roll crimps for
slugs and my Loadall did regular crimping. I don't know enough about shotgun
loading to know if this is just an attachement change or a big deal. For regular
shot loads mine did great for real cheap.

Bill

Firebricker
04-09-2009, 11:29 PM
I had one a long time ago and it worked fine. I did'nt load slugs back then but I'm sure it will be good. Plus they have all the powder bushings with them. MtGUNs right if you need to roll crimp you'll have to do that off the press but lee cast slugs use fold crimp and regular shot wad and lyman has a mold designed for fold crimp. I've use the lee slugs they work pretty good with a rifled barrel. FB

tonyb
04-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the replies. Now to find one.

Charles:???:

Slow Elk 45/70
04-10-2009, 12:05 AM
TonyB, Hullo, yes they are good loaders, I use a DL366 most of the time when shooting a lot of sporting Clays or Trap, but I keep one of these at my cabin, just to have one around when I'm out being alone .

They run about $42 new +shipping from Midway, Midsouth is a little cheaper, If you want a used one you might watch evil-bay for one if you arn't in a hurry, some times one comes along that doesn't get bid up to new prices and above.
Good luck

Bret4207
04-10-2009, 07:51 AM
I think if you go to Ballistics Products website they still carry the roll crimpers you use in a drill press.

mtgrs737
04-10-2009, 08:24 AM
I have two Lee Loadalls, one in 12ga and one in 20ga. both work fine for me. I also have a Pacific 366 for high volume trap loads. With the Lee there is no extras to buy as it comes with a complete set of powder and shot bushings. Good luck!

Ed Barrett
04-10-2009, 10:47 PM
If you use the Lee slug, it's made to be used with a regular plastic wad with the petals, so you use a regular crimp. I loaded a bunch of them over the years for my sons who live in upstate NY. The county next to them was slug only. They changed it to rifle a couple of years ago, so the Loadall doesn't get much use. Always worked flawlessly for me.