PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up for Chrono Customer Service

snaggdit
04-09-2009, 01:53 AM
I bought a new Chrono at a gun show recently. Price was right and the booth was a fund raiser for a range. I got it set up (it read 0000) and fired a few rounds across it, no change in reading. After a minute, the screen faded out. I was bummed. Figured I got suckered. Called Chrono, and after only 10 minutes and one transfer to a tech who had me try a rubber band across it, he agreed it was faulty. He told me to send it in with a letter stating the problem and use his name and they would send me out a replacement. That was only 10 days ago, so I can't speak to response time since it hasn't arrived yet, but I am pleased with the initial response I got.

Shiloh
04-09-2009, 05:34 AM
Your post says Chrono. Is it a Chrony??

Shiloh

snaggdit
04-09-2009, 10:16 AM
Oops, yeah, it was late...

Shiloh
04-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Oops, yeah, it was late...

I traded one in to Chrony. Upgrade. They said they take them on trade even if they don't work.

I sent in the basic model for an upgrade. The one I sent back had a .30 cal
non-factory hole in the front of it. Came from a 220 gr. Sierra Round nose in a .30-40 Krag. Severe dent in the red box and the electronics all went down range.

Got the Blue one. Beta model I think.

Shiloh

snaggdit
04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
I just got a call from Chrony. Seems that "new" chrony I got at the gun show was 18 years old. They nicely informed me that they do not service that model anymore. That said, she told me since I spoke to *** he fixed it for me and the cost would be $21 odd dollars and $8 something shipping. I said that would be fine. Better than getting completely hosed.She also said that I would not be able to get any additional repairs to this model but could "trade it in" on a new model. Just like you mentioned. What did they give you off as a trade? I also have another one with a bullet hole on the edge of the far sensor. Still works, but the distance (due to case warpage) is not quite what it was so I don't trust the results anymore. Taught me to shoot across it myself, not ask a friend to so I could record the speeds...