PDA

View Full Version : Laflin & Rand - new website

w30wcf
04-08-2009, 10:39 PM
If you have an interest in the history of smokeless powders then you will want to go to http://www.laflinandrand.com
and download the pdf file. Along with the comprehensive history a number of neat pictures are also illustrated.

Author Klaus Neuschaefer has spent a considerable amount of time in
research on the company that gave us "Bullseye" and "Unique" and a host of other early smokeless powders back in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Those early developments helped usher in the smokeless era and the cartridges that we enjoy today.

w30wcf

unique
04-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Thank you for posting the link. I have always read up on the history of smokeless and this answered some questions I had.

w30wcf
04-13-2009, 05:42 PM
unique,
You are most welcome. Did you notice that "Unique" was originally developed for reduced loads in rifles? It was later determined that it was a great powder for pistols also.

Interesting history.

w30wcf

unique
04-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Funny you should mention that! Actually I have old cans of Unique that say Rifle Powder on it. I have a brochure from Hercules for Unique entitled Reduced Rifle Loads dated 1933. It is data for loading various cartridges with Unique and various types of boolits. I have fired many reduced rifle loads with this powder. Unique is an interesting powder and is where I took my handle/alias from. Thanks again because your article allowed me to further trace my ancestry...LOL.