PDA

View Full Version : Big Brass, Black, & 12 Ga........lets play!

Knarley
04-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Got some of those all brass 12 Ga. "hulls" made by mag-tec. They use a large pistol primer. Gonna fill 'em with smoke powder and tear up the range, I'm asking for advice, or "what not to do's". Gonna use 'em in a lever 12.
Thanks,
Knarley

Muddy Creek Sam
04-08-2009, 07:10 PM
11ga wads and 10 ga overshot. Glue, I use waterglass. I load 3.1cc light SASS loads 1 oz #8.

Sam

cajun shooter
04-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Knarley, been there done that. If you are shooting the 1887 and it's the one prepared by Coyote Cap then the loaded hulls will be too heavy for the two load system and cause a jam. Found this out in a CAS match. They are fun to load and shoot but they are not meant to be fired in the 87. I have some original Winchester also and they will take the 10 ga wads to load them. I use a glue gun for sealing on low temp it's like laying in a welding bead. If you don't mind the slow loading, then have fun!! My 1887 is my favorite cowboy gun!!

Knarley
04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Mine is an 87 that I bought from Cabela's. The action job was done by yours truley. This thing ejects them Mag-Tec shells real well, infact it seems to prefer them, go figger. This gun does not like plastic, of any length, I've tried paper hulls and they be too long, I'll trim a couple down and get back to ya'll.
Glue just don't seem right, I have a "crimper" for these, but it's not a real crimp, more like just the start of a roll crimp, should aid in feedin'.
Regards,
Knarley

:castmine: