PDA

View Full Version : More Range time with my Uberti Cattleman

jh45gun
04-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Went shooting today and I tried my reloads at 21 feet with my Uberti Cattleman. I was pleased I was shooting at a two inch target and while I was shooting off hand and hitting an inch low and half an inch to the right most of the group was in a silver dollar size cluster. Much better than the first two times I shot it. Getting more used to the gun and my reloads have helped. Load is just under 8 grains of Unique and the Lee 253 grain semi wad cutter bullet. Considering the fine sight and my aging 57 year old eyes that works for me. I figure practice will only make it better.

Ron B.
04-09-2009, 06:30 AM
I bought a used Uberti Regulator earlier in the year; it's very similar to what you have. I really like it also; very well made. And, if I do my part accurate. Do you have any photos? I like photos! Lol! :coffee:

GRB

jh45gun
04-09-2009, 10:59 AM
No I have not taken any photo's yet. I enjoyed shooting a smaller group yesterday with the cattleman as some guy next to me was shooting a semi auto that he would have been better throwing the gun at the target LOL they were all over the place. I politely asked him to move over about two feet as his empties were hitting me as I shot.