PDA

View Full Version : Recomended Online Ingot Source?

264 Win Mag
04-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Gentlemen,

I have been slowly but surely gathering my equipment so my son and I can start casting our own boolits. We have been shooting them for years but have always purchased them from a variety of sources, but the time has come to cast our own. To start out I am planning on using purchased ingots before trying my hand at W/W’s and plumbers lead, which I have already begun stockpiling in any quantity I can put my hands on. My question is do any of you purchase ingots from any of the online sources? It looks like some of the deals on e-bay are pretty decent but I would love to have a recommendation from someone who has used one of the sellers and can verify the quality of their ingots.

Thomas

Ole
04-07-2009, 01:36 PM
I would say if you're going to use ebaY for lead, stick with buying the WW's and smelting them yourself. That way you know for sure what is in your ingots.

I've bought ingots a couple times, no zinc in them, so I guess I got lucky.

deltaenterprizes
04-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Try some of the sellers in the swapin' and selling area on this forum.

wills
04-07-2009, 01:58 PM
You can get lead and tin from The Antimony Man.

Dean D.
04-07-2009, 05:35 PM
^
^
^
^
:brokenima

Look up! At the top of the page is a banner for "Rotometals, Inc". They sell what you are looking for and they are a site sponsor! :mrgreen:

troy_mclure
04-07-2009, 07:00 PM
theres a few guys on here that sell it.

Ancesthntr
04-07-2009, 07:01 PM
Rotometals is also, so far as I can tell, the cheapest source of lead and lead alloys of KNOWN composition on the internet in quantities like we buy (i.e. 50-500 pounds - we're hardly major manufacturers of batteries or WWs). If anyone knows a cheaper source of KNOWN composition ingots, please tell all of us.

idahoron
04-07-2009, 07:55 PM
I buy from Rotometal because I KNOW when I get the lead it is PURE. I needed pure lead for my muzzleloaders and I got HOSED on some ebay deals. Rotometal is where I go. Ron

264 Win Mag
04-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Thanks guys for all the replys. I think you have put me on the right track now and I am sure I will be back with questions when I get to the next step.

Thomas