PDA

View Full Version : It all ..finally.. came together yesterday !

Throckmorton
04-07-2009, 11:27 AM
I"ve been trying to get old A model Marliin 30-30 to shoot cast boolits where I want them to go for quite some time...off and on.
Yesterday,using a gc boolit a pard whomped up,I shot 3 rounds into one hole !

ok,ok,it was at close range as I"m too lazy to chase targets when trying loads out,but 3 shots in 1 hole at 40 yards is the BEST I've done with this lever gun !

150 grain gc boolit of unknown recipe,over 10 grains of Unique.Roll crimped in various brand cases.
btw,my buddies bolt gun shot them well also.
It may be,as some have reported here,that some guns like 150 grain bullets better than 170's,etc.
. I have a dozen or so of them left to load up,wll try varying the powder charge a bit to see...well,just to see. lol

I sure wish my range wasn't FIFTY MILES away ,I just gotta try it again !

Buckshot
04-08-2009, 01:57 AM
................All ya have to do now is find out the boolit design (Lee 150gr FN?) buy the mould and you're in bidness!

................Buckshot

ButlerFord45
04-08-2009, 06:49 AM
The longer a plan takes to come together the better it feels when it does. Congratulations! :drinks:
A Glenfield 30A was my first centerfire rifle...I miss it at times. So, if you would, shoot yours a couple of times for me.
Now, ya just have to find out what mold it is. And what alloy. Oh and what it was sized to and lubed with.......MAN!! Ain't this fun!!!!

BF

runfiverun
04-08-2009, 07:01 AM
could be the rcbs 150 fn g/c too.

Throckmorton
04-08-2009, 10:25 AM
ButlerFord , I will fire a volley in your honor next time out. >grin<

Next time out I'll double the range and see if it stays at about 1". I'll be :) if it does.