PDA

View Full Version : Ejector fix for a 94 Marlin?

August
04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Howdy the camp! I have an older model Marlin 94 that has an ejector issue. The ejector works just fine, But, the bolt really hesitates when ramping up over the ejector (more properly, when it retracts the ejector) when closing the action. It makes the gun almost unusable.

The gun was manufactured in the early '70s and has an ejector that is different from the current crop.

Does anyone know a source for these older style ejectors? Any fix you have had success with? I have honed, ramped the bolt channel, lubricated a lot, and still have not had any success at getting this annoying hiccup out of the rifle.

Thanks!!!

WyrTwister
04-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Howdy the camp! I have an older model Marlin 94 that has an ejector issue. The ejector works just fine, But, the bolt really hesitates when ramping up over the ejector (more properly, when it retracts the ejector) when closing the action. It makes the gun almost unusable.

The gun was manufactured in the early '70s and has an ejector that is different from the current crop.

Does anyone know a source for these older style ejectors? Any fix you have had success with? I have honed, ramped the bolt channel, lubricated a lot, and still have not had any success at getting this annoying hiccup out of the rifle.

Thanks!!!

The bolt is difficult to close when closeing on an empty chamber ? On a loaded round ?

God bless
Wyr

August
04-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Thank you. Either case, no difference. The issue is the bolt riding up on the ejector camming surface.

dgslyr
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Take your ejector out and make sure the spring is not sticking out on one side.Since it's a 2 piece design a fella's got make sure that the spring is centered in the ejector if it is out even a little bit it acts like you describe or you can't get the bolt back in after cleaning.The tiniest bit out to either side and the ejector won't seat properly.Every Marlin I have or had did this at one time or another especially if I dropped the ejector on the floor or the spring got bumped some way.Some ejector and spring assemblies don't fit as tightly as others.Lay it on a flat surface and press the spring into the ejector with a screw driver or a punch,doesn't take much.