PDA

View Full Version : Luber-Sizer advise needed

DSW
04-06-2009, 04:35 PM
I need to purchase a sizer/luber. Have looked at the RCBS Lube-A-Matic and SAECO Lubri-Sizer. The only real difference I see is that the SAECO has a swing out gas check seater which allows the option of seating gas checks without sizing if you prefer to shoot bullets "as cast." The top punch is threaded on the SAECO and non threaded on the RCBS. The dies for the SAECO have a .3" throat to help align the "as cast" size before it starts the sizing process and they claim the dies are internally honed. RCBS may have the same features but they don't state them in their discripton

I would appreciate any input, opinions or recommendations.

Thanks

mikenbarb
04-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the site DSW. I like my RCBS because I can use my Lyman dies in it also and their alot cheaper to buy than Saeco dies. Their both great lubers and it comes down to personal preference. Good luck with whatever you chose and I think either is a great choice.
PS- The Lyman H&I dies have alignment tapers also and its easier to clean and faster to change out the top punch with a slip in one and their a nice precision fit. They also offer a slip in GC seater made by Lyman. You just slip it in back of the eject rod and start seating checks without sizing.

dromia
04-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Welcome to Cast Boolits DSW. :drinks::drinks:

As well as the replies you get here you might want to try the search facility as this is a perennial topic that is usually discussed here on the equipment forums rather than the swaging forums.

Here's a link to a lube sizer discussion, for example, that covers the SAECO.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=41920

DSW
04-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Welcome to Cast Boolits DSW. :drinks::drinks:

As well as the replies you get here you might want to try the search facility as this is a perennial topic that is usually discussed here on the equipment forums rather than the swaging forums.

Here's a link to a lube sizer discussion, for example, that covers the SAECO.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=41920

I was not quite sure where to post my question - sorry. I'll check the link your provided. Thank you for your help.

dromia
04-06-2009, 06:16 PM
No need to apologise DSW it takes a wee bitty time to get the hang of the place and boolit sizing is a form of swaging so not OT just pointing out that you might get a more numerous response elsewhere.

So don't be shy and post away you'll soon get the hang of our conventions/foibles. :-D