PDA

View Full Version : lubing

bobthenailer
02-14-2006, 07:58 AM
i have a star lube sizer with a heater, the bullets were 125 rn 358 dia ,the bullets were almost that size as cast minminal sizing was done , and i have the roller shovel handel, 1277 bullets sized & lubed in 47 minutes going non stop

fecmech
02-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Better be careful Bob, you might end up with a .358 cal hole in one fo your fingers! Just kidding but I have to watch myself when I get going on my Star cause I've had some near misses. Nick

bobthenailer
02-18-2006, 06:09 AM
ditto i know what you mean about those slow fingers getting caught but when sizing nose first i jut drop them in the die and the round nose bullet finds the hole itself so the fingers dont get as close , with different style or diameter of bullet the sizing process slows down ! and this is about as fast as i can go for a extended period.

hammerhead357
02-19-2006, 08:35 PM
The hole being punched in a didget is a real possibility. My ex-wife was lubing bullets for me on time and did punch a hole thru her thumb. I saved the portion that went into the sizer die and took her and the punched potion to the emergency room. Four hours and 685 dollars later we left. The thumb healed well and I then purchased a bullet feeder to keep this from happening again to me or anyone else..... Wes