PDA

View Full Version : "Free" Do All 3/4 cock thrower!

HeavyMetal
04-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Actually got something from the bank besides a bill!

I maintain a Citi bank account and have for a year or so been acoumulating Rewards points.

Never thought much of it, Cause nothin is free, but got a letter from the bank asking me why I hadn't set up on an account to use my points?

Figured what the heck I'd get on line and see what they offered fully expecting a bunch of foo foo avon type junk!

After setting up my account, which ya gotta do before they'll let you look at the "goods", I get into the rewards system and discover a "hunting and Fishing section!!

Whoa Baby!

Scrolling through this section I see reloading equipment, Like Redding press's, and dies sets scales that kind of stuff. Neat!

Have press's but then found something I've wanted but just haven't ante'd up for : A Do All 3/4 cock skeet thrower!

This is the one that is for the weekend warrior not the gun club quality unit( that was available as well) swivel head and best of all I had the points, and more, to get the thing sent to me!

Figured it would take a few weeks and I get burned for shipping.

Se this deal up on Tuesday and found the trap SITTING ON MY POURCH THIS AFTERNOON!

So I wasn't sure where to post this but I felt I had to let everyone know that might not realize that you may have points on a card you don't realize and you may be able to actually get something "manly" for those points!

Just finished putting the trap together and need to build a base for it that has some weight to it but over all this thing is going shooting and soon!

archmaker
04-04-2009, 06:11 AM
That is a nice feeling, I did the same thing, I have a Credit card that I have dedicated to work expenses and setup to get points, found I could redeem my points for Gift card to select locations. Bass Pro shop was on the list.

Went and bought me a Taurus 1911 and 200rds of Ammo, my cost after redeeming my cards $212 including tax :)

I would never had thought to use my points if a friend had told me he had done the same thing.

So this post may be appropiate - HeavyMetal, maybe under "Free Equipment resource - Thread" :)

The other nice thing . . . SWMBO only believes I spent $212.

hoosierlogger
04-04-2009, 08:03 AM
HM now just wait till you go to buy the birds to throw with it. $10 bucks a box!! A word of advice, the remingtons thay sell at Walmart are about the best ones as far as staying together out of the trap. TheChampion brand they sell at Gander (anal rape) Mountain for 6.99 are flat junk. one out of every three we throw busted out of the trap.

HeavyMetal
04-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Didn't look under the gift card section guess I'll check that out today. I figured the "exchange rate" from points to cash might not be a real good deal but getting a gift card to Bass Pro's could be some help on my next gun buy!

Still have some points left.

As to birds, yes I've been a big user of walmart for those kinds of buys. Clays are cheap and I can get a 100 federal 12 or 20 gauge for 20.00.
This is a great source for family that shows up and wants to shoot plus I get the empties to reload.

With a Bass Pro's now in driving distance ( 40 minutes) I will aos be exploring other clay types. These are a bit more but I want to try out the rabbit feature of my new trap!

I have two other cheap Outers traps I've picked up at yard sales. "restored" one set it up on a custom saw horse set up with a seat salvaged from an old rider scrubber.

First time out with it one of my work buds sat on it all day and flung two boxs of clays for us and was happy as all get out to do it. Go figure.

Anyway with a little work I should be able to set up a nice portable "kinda" sporting clays shoot.

madcaster
04-04-2009, 10:41 AM
:coffee:This is GREAT news!Support the financial institutions that support you!

kodiak1
04-04-2009, 11:22 AM
HeavyMetal is this one of them APRIL FOOL'S JOKES?
If so that would just plain be in bad taste Sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice find wish We had a banking institution that offered that.
Closest I got to hunting was a pair of Bushnell Binoculars from the Royal Bank.

Ken.

TAWILDCATT
04-05-2009, 09:21 PM
my gift was a raise from 14% to 19%.:coffee:[smilie=1: