PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Parts

Danth
04-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Hello All: these were mixed up with some swaging stuff I recently picked up. Anyone know what they are? Thanks, Danth

TAWILDCATT
04-12-2009, 09:14 AM
have they markings on the sides??I venture they are herter universal die sets parts.seating or neck sizing.I have several sets.:coffee:[smilie=1:
I looked again and the one facing up is a bullet seater from what I can see.if the others are the same .the neck sizers would have the hole staight thru.

Danth
04-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Yes, there are #'s on the sides. All have holes straight thru, but one has a tapered hole. Bullet seating? So if I understand, Herters made a die body that took these inserts so that you could change the inserts to change calibers? What's the advantage? thanks much, Danth

Pressman
04-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Herter's Universal Neck sizing die inserts. This is the big, long Herter's die. Changing the inserts for different calibers.
I think I can sort out what they are for if you can make out the numbers on the side from references in a Herter's catalog.
Ken

TAWILDCATT
04-23-2009, 09:22 PM
I think lee makes a die like that now.you screwed the main body in the press and then exchanged the parts.those screw on to the extention rod,the taper one is a
bullet seater.I have 3 sets.:coffee:[smilie=1: