PDA

View Full Version : NEI 225gr 348

bigbear
04-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Just got a mold for 348, NEI 225GC. Don't have a Lubrisizer yet. How to store mold. Got it for $55, hope I did't get taken, new to this.Still looking for a used lubriser. If I were to buy new, RCBS would do I guess? Don't plan to be a high volume caster.

stocker
04-03-2009, 11:47 AM
bigbear: What material is the mould? Aluminum, brass or meehanite or iron? Given the air/moisture levels on the Island (assuming you are who I think) I would keep your mould lightly oiled and vacuum sealed if you have one between uses. Especially, if you have an iron or meehanite mould. Of course that means you have to completely degrease before you use it again. If you do a year or mores supply of boolits at a time over a couple of evenings cleaning the oil from the stored mould is no big deal. For lubing, the Lyman or RCBS will suffice for most people. High volume casters may want a Star or Magma luber. I've gotten by with either a Lyman or RCBS for 50 years and have yet to actually see one of the two others mentioned up here. Maybe in commercial shops.

If your mould is in good condition and is a two cavity you got a deal!

quasi
04-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Did you buy that NEI mold on CGN, from a guy in B.C.? He had some great deals on NEI molds.

shooter93
04-04-2009, 09:23 PM
who/what is CGN?

stocker
04-04-2009, 11:28 PM
www.CanadianGunNutz.com or similar to that.

bigbear
06-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Did you buy that NEI mold on CGN, from a guy in B.C.? He had some great deals on NEI molds.
Yes I did, sorry for the delay but major waves came up, boat back on course now.