PDA

View Full Version : Found some primers today,

Dennis Eugene
04-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Was delivering freight to the local sporting goods store and found 3400 Rem large pistol primers. It was some they had had for a long time shoved way in the back and with all the other being sold out these came up front where I could see them I bought 2 thousand and ran back to the depot and told my boss about them and he ran down and got the other 1400. I paid 17.95 a thousand, yep it was a good day. Dennis

Tom Herman
04-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Congrats on your haul!

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

Dennis Eugene
04-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Say Tom I been wondering for a while where you are from/at I was born in Forks in the NW corner of Washington lived they 'till I came to Alaska 20 years ago still have family there and go back every couple years to vist. Dennis

Tom Herman
04-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I've only been in WA for six years, but I do get around due to my job. I get to Forks every year or so, it's always a fun trip for me.
The last time I went, I took my metal detector with me and had a blast.
Forks is a good place, far removed from the insanity in Seattle and Olympia.
The economy is tough there, but I'm sure I'm not telling you anything new, there.
I find it amazing where people come from, and where they eventually wind up.

Happy Shootin'!

PS: I'm still using some primers I bought in the late 80's or early 90's... They all go "bang" quite well, so I wouldn't have hesitated to buy the whole pile, either. -T

hornsurgeon
04-02-2009, 10:16 PM
boy, and i was glad i found 1000 remington 9 1/2 for $25, 1000 cci large rifle for $30, and 1000 winchester (older white box) small rifle for $30