PDA

View Full Version : Old Winchester mould, loading tool values?

docjones41
02-13-2006, 12:26 AM
I have two old (early 1900s?) pieces of Winchester 45-60 reloading equipment. They are both manufactured by Winchester. One is a reloading tool (pat Sept 14, 1888), about 9 inches long, with a little surface rust. The other is a bullet mould, about 7 1/2 in long, all iron, no wood handles. The cavity is good, no rust, etc. Works well, has been used recently to cast good bullets. Does anyone out there have any idea what these are worth or where I could get such information? Thanks

9.3X62AL
02-13-2006, 01:12 AM
Floodgate--a member here--might have some info concerning your tools, or would know a good info source. He may be along shortly, or a PM to him might bear fruit.

floodgate
02-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I have two old (early 1900s?) pieces of Winchester 45-60 reloading equipment. They are both manufactured by Winchester. One is a reloading tool (pat Sept 14, 1888), about 9 inches long, with a little surface rust. The other is a bullet mould, about 7 1/2 in long, all iron, no wood handles. The cavity is good, no rust, etc. Works well, has been used recently to cast good bullets. Does anyone out there have any idea what these are worth or where I could get such information? Thanks

doc:

I'm not up on Winchester tool pricing; I suggest you post these (with a photo or description of the tool, as there were several models) on the free message board at the Antique Reloading ToolCollectors Ass'n. site: www.antiquereloadingtools.com.

floodgate

SharpsShooter
02-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Check with Moodyholler here on the board. He is up to speed on the value of those moulds and tools

docjones41
02-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Thanks very much for the suggestions. I will follow up on them.
docjones41

McLintock
02-16-2006, 02:56 PM
I had a Winchester loading tool and bullet mould combo to go with an original '86 in 45-70. After saleing the rifle, I sold the loading stuff for $275, but they were in nice shape and had the original box for the loading tool. Good stuff is expensive and with the interest in '76 Winchesters by Cowboy Action Shooters (they're supposed to be bringing out a clone) anything in 45-60 ought to worth something.
McLintock