Bonjour tout l'monde,
I've found some good load data for Vectan powder.:-D
Handgun and rifle.

http://www.balleurope.com/recharge/index.php?langue=en

Hope this helps a few of you.:drinks:

fusil

MGD
04-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Contact me I have the Bound Vectan Manual on the Bookshelf. Bought one of the last ones Graf's had.

MtGun44
04-02-2009, 01:07 AM
Fusil,

Thanks for the info. The wife and I were in Normandy last week and visited with
Limey, near Le Chapelle-Glain and Le Pin. Very nice country in that area, but the amazing
number of traffic circles are puzzling for Americans.

I have 8 lbs of SP8, have been using it with good results in 9mm Para,
which is apparently the only cartridge that it is usable for, at least from
what I have been able to find.

Do you know of any data for SP8 for other calibers?

Bill

Buckshot
04-02-2009, 03:03 AM
.................Kewl beans! I have almost 32 lbs of Tubal 2000. Seems to load like 4198.

................Buckshot

fusil
04-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Salut MtGUN 44,
I'll have a look through the data I have and email you direct.
I have some Vectan stuff on my PC I can forward to you if you like?

fusil

spyglass
07-27-2010, 07:19 PM
Greetings....I'm new here and found this site while searching (in vain) for additional Vectan loading data other than what's in the little booklet published 6-7 yrs ago (which is essentially what the link in the first post in this thread goes to). I bought a pound each of A-1 and A-0 about the time the booklet was put out, just to see what it was like. Was kinda curious if there was a good complement to Unique for medium power straightwall revolver loads for the .38Sp, .357Mag, .44Sp, .44Mag & .45LC. Unfortunately, didn't read the little book too closely, or would have seen data for many of the powders was very scarce (and may not have purchased the powders.....but I did, so....).

So, gradually, I worked up a few loads for. 38 using A-1, basing them on data for powders of very close burning rates, found in various charts, and eventually got some good results. I used only hard cast 158SWC bullets, CCI 500, and seated deep with a slight crimp over the shoulder to reduce case capacity (I've come to believe powder position is crucial for constincy, so the less space the better, making sure pressure limits are not exceeded). A-1 is shown to be slightly faster than Unique and a fair amount slower than W231, so I used 1.5gr less than the minimum starting load in the Speer and/or Hornady manuals for Unique.

The Vectan pamphlet does show one .38/158 gr load of 5.0 gr of A-1 at a test pressure of 11,000 psi....due to deeper seating, I reduced by 1/2 gr to keep that level, then gradually worked to 5.5 gr for a +P load. This seemed to keep pressure a good amount below the SAAMI +P limit of 20,000, as no extraction difficulties were noted, using a 3" SP101. This might be a little stout for J frames or small Taurus, but friends using Colts, S&W 10's, etc, found it to be fine. At 10m, from a rest, double-action, this load in the SP101 would put 5 into a 3" circle pretty consistently.

After it became apparent that the Vectan powders were not going to be available here any longer, my goal was to just get rid of it, so in addition to my .38 loads, I began loading 9x19 and .45ACP for other friends....this powder seemed more attuned to autoloaders anyway. There were enought listed in the Vectan guide that a lot of experimenting wasn't necessary, so it was used up fairly quickly. Now, I'm starting on the A-0, which I think will be a little more flexible and am going to work light .357M and maybe even .44M loads up, in addition to continuing to use it for the auto pistols......may post some results later.

Maximumbob54
05-19-2015, 05:58 PM
Bumping this thread up since I recently bought some Vectan Ba10 to try.

I looked at the load data listed above and they list I assume their most up to date data: http://www.vectan.fr/UK/

But I'm confused still. I see the bullet weights listed but it doesn't say jacketed or lead. Are they saying it doesn't matter or am I missing something obvious?

CT-shooter777
05-19-2015, 07:00 PM
The problem with Vectan is if you want a combo pistol/shotgun powder, data was listed than redacted with a "bad" data over write on the shotgun charges.
They need to get that resolved........