PDA

View Full Version : Newbys from AZ

azmike
03-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi folks, We have been reading here for a bit and learning a lot about lead. We are well aquainted with lead from the other end, we are lead salvagers specifcaly lead shot from trap and skeet fields. We are shooters and hunters but shoot ready-mades. Lifetime NRA members (1972), veteran (82nd ABN) with strong political opinions (when asked!). You can see us at http://mcneeleyenterprises.com
Patrick and I enjoy this forum and learning more about casting and such, you will see us around! Mike and Pat

blackthorn
03-31-2009, 10:14 AM
Welcome to the asylum! Run by the inmates! Bunch of great people here!
As an aside---How old are you guys? I'm 70 and Pat and Mike jokes were around when I was in grade school---LOL.

Echo
03-31-2009, 11:58 AM
I feel uncomfortable welcoming you in, AZMIKE, 'cause I'm a noobie, too, but Carrumba! This is a GREAT site! SO MUCH to learn! SO MUCH to share!

What the heck - WELCOME!

Reddot
03-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Yipee another woman who shoots on board! Welcome. While the inmates run the asylum they are pretty well medicated.

BPCR Bill
03-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the forum folks! You'll learn alot here, great bunch of folks. Opinions and all.

Regards,
Bill

JIMinPHX
03-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Welcome aboard. I think that you will fit right in here.

Gar
04-01-2009, 09:46 PM
HI Mike & Pat,
I'm glad you found your way to the board!

For the rest of the members of our group, I've dealt with Mike & Pat and they are GREAT people. I've got a couple of tons of their reclaimed shot sitting in my shop. :drinks:

Again, welcome aboard.

Gar

JIMinPHX
04-02-2009, 12:10 AM
I just got done looking over your website. If you wanted to sell that recovered shot in 50 or 100 pound lots, or even 5-gallon buckets, I think that you would find quite a bit of steady business from the members of this board as long as the price was kept reasonable.

Marine Sgt 2111
04-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Welcome to a great board manned by knowledgeble good willed members...

leadman
04-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Welcome aboard! Jim is correct in selling in smaller lots. I have a friend who has deposited alot of lead in the form you are dealing in. Whe considered buying from you but 2 drums is just to much to lay out a time.

Do we see a group buy for the members in the Valley?

Slow Elk 45/70
04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Welcome Newbees one and all, glad you joined the site, I spent years lurking around here before joining this site, belonged to a couple of other for a long time. But for this "hobby" this is the best site , IMHO.

JIMinPHX
04-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Do we see a group buy for the members in the Valley?

I'm in if you want to honcho.

leadman
04-04-2009, 12:42 AM
JIMinPHX, Let me work on it next week. I'll talk with my buddy that does alot of shotgun shooting also.

Anyone know where appropriate containers for lead shot could be obtained?

azmike
04-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks guys, Hi Gar! We would look forward to working with Cast Boolit members any time. Mike, Patrick and Kathleen

Ole
04-04-2009, 09:53 AM
JIMinPHX, Let me work on it next week. I'll talk with my buddy that does alot of shotgun shooting also.

I have 5ea 5 gallon chlorine tablet buckets that I got from my work. I'd be willing to donate them to anyone that needs them for this (potential) group buy.

I could get more if you guys think they would help.

I used to be able to get lids with these, but lids have become scarce lately. (I guess the pool guy that saves them doesn't save the lids anymore)

I could ask him for lids, I suppose.

JIMinPHX
04-04-2009, 11:32 AM

For shot, I like the 1/2 gallon jugs that things like cranberry juice come in. Anything bigger than that gets a little heavy.

JIMinPHX
04-04-2009, 11:36 AM

You were a little slow on the response here, so yesterday I sent a PM to AZMIKE asking for a price on the 2600# skid. I didn't get a response back yet. If you're ready to step up & be the honcho, I'll back down & send him your way when he responds.

leadman
04-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Never honchod anything like this. When you get the info can you pm it to me and I see if it is something I can handle. The room to store that much material is an issue right now.
Thanks, Mark

azmike
04-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Jim/Mark, I have been back here around work. What is a PM and where do I find it? Contact me for info. Mike

JIMinPHX
04-04-2009, 05:50 PM
The room to store that much material is an issue right now.

I've probably got enough room to do it out of my shop. Mike got back to me on a PM with a price (Thank You). It looks like landed cost at my place would be about $0.52/lb. I see two ways that this could be done.

We could run it like a group buy, where we all chip in & get up enough to buy the entire bulk shipment in one shot & divide it all up as soon as it arrives.

Alternately, I could become a sort of local distributor for this stuff. I could take delivery of a bulk shipment here & then sell it off with a little bit of mark up to whoever needs it in smaller quantities when they need it.

I put a post up here - http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=503522#post503522 in hopes of feeling out what the local needs might be.

Anybody else got a better idea on how we might do this? Anybody else feel like becoming the local distributor?

Ole
04-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I posted in the other thread Jim. Put me down for 500lbs of it.

I would be willing to go as high as 800, if need be, to get the deal done.

leadman
04-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks for taking this on JIM, I don't have room to store that much lead, or the money to purchase it outright. Would be willing to either kick in money to buy, or buy from you as you suggested.

JIMinPHX
04-12-2009, 02:18 AM
I had the pleasure of meeting Mike & his lovely wife yesterday morning. They are both sterling examples of fine hard working Americans. They were a pleasure to do business with & a pleasure to have as lunch guests. Thank you for heading up our way.

Regards,
Jim