PDA

View Full Version : Finn39

StarMetal
02-11-2006, 06:38 PM
To all who may have one of these, I know a few do so jump in and help.

On the Finn39 that front barrel band is kind of a different type of band. It's sort of a nose cap and barrel band both. For those not familiar with it imagine a nose cap that slides onto the nose of the stock, has a tranverse screw througt it, but it has a hinged strap that swings over top the barrel and is clamped down with a screw on the righthand side. Okay here's my question. It appears on my Finn39 that the clamp cannot be clamped all the ways down so that the two parts meet. You only tighten the screw so much. Alright, how do you know how much to tighten this barrel clamp, as it undoubtably has to affect your accuracy???

Joe

Pystis
02-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Joe,
I have M39 stock that won´t allow the screw to be tightened all the way down either. I guess it´s ment to be like that because the screw hole is crimped to prevent the screw from dropping off. I´ve heard that one can tweek the barrel vibrations by tightening or loosening the screw. Never tried that, though.

Jukka

StarMetal
02-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Jukka,

Yeah, that's the way mine is. I guess what I'm looking for is, is there a setting to go buy or just keep tweating until you hit the sweet spot.

Joe

Pystis
02-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Joe,

Dang, I missed your question when I wrote the answer... :neutral: I think I should go to bed. But,
I can´t remeber where I heard that vibration thing, but the barrel should clap a little when you hold the rifle from forestock muzzle upwards and shake the gun.
I don´t know if there is any gap defined. Never heard any. Some one might know better.

Jukka

StarMetal
02-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Jukka

Thanks, I'll give that a try as I have it much tighter then that.

Joe

crazy mark
02-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Joe, Some of these were shimmed by the finns. I took one apart and it had loose shims in there. The 28/30's have an aluminum sleve in them. On one of my M39's the screw is all the way down and tight and the other is only about 3/4 of the way in and is tight. Mark

StarMetal
02-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Interesting stuff. I thought of washers or shims. Adding/removing them till I find the sweet spot.

Joe