PDA

View Full Version : Haz Met Fees...

BCB
03-28-2009, 07:34 AM
Does anyone know what McDonald or Barlett charge for this fee? Or is it a standard fee for both? Thanks...BCB

DGV
03-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Fed-X charges $22.50 for up to 10,000 primers

alamogunr
03-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Fed-X charges $22.50 for up to 10,000 primers

How do they know how many primers are in a package?? I have bought as many as 15K-20K primers and enough powder to make nearly 48 lbs in one shipment and all under a $20 hazmat charge. This has been within the last 6 months. This all came UPS. I don't particularly like UPS but it sounds like Fred Smith is lining his pockets at somebody's expense. I doubt that primers are being shipped by air.

sargenv
03-29-2009, 12:10 AM
I think it depends on which primers you order. RP primers appear to be the most compact, with CCI, and Winchester next, and finally the humoungous packages that Federal uses. Not sure about Wolf primers..

little bill
03-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I would like to know how many lives have been saved since it's conception?

alamogunr
03-29-2009, 03:02 PM
I think it depends on which primers you order. RP primers appear to be the most compact, with CCI, and Winchester next, and finally the humoungous packages that Federal uses. Not sure about Wolf primers..

Wolf primers are about the same size as Winchester in the 5K cases. I've never bought any others so can't speak to size.
John

Shiloh
03-29-2009, 04:55 PM
I would like to know how many lives have been saved since it's conception?

It isn't just about safety, its about being able to charge extra for the "Danger" factor. They ship loaded ammo with no hazmat fee.

Shiloh

James C. Snodgrass
03-29-2009, 05:15 PM
The government started the system to prevent pinheads from shipping Hazardous goods with out letting people know the contents of their shipments . As far as the cost goes it comes down to the driver getting a back round check from the FBI and a handy finger printing . As you probably guessed I am a driver and enjoy the hassle as much as you all . I would not want to be a first responder with out the law requiring placards and proper restrictions . The fees should be uniform though for small amounts of powder and primers . The DOT is interested in money not safety as far as I can tell . James[smilie=1: