PDA

View Full Version : American Gun Company. Knickerbocker double barrel question.

mikenbarb
03-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Is anyone familiar with this shotgun? I acquired it recently and guess its a take off of an L.C. Smith or similar and im wondering if the firing pins are anywhere to be found because I would like to have an extra set for it. Its a utility grade double barrel in 12 gauge that im going to use for some bird hunting this year. Thanks

fourarmed
03-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Two of the many names used by Crescent Firearms over the years for their trade shotguns. Numrich can probably help.

mikenbarb
03-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks Four, I tried E-Gun but no luck. Im thinking im just gonna have a couple made by the one machine shop I deal with. Its a cool SxS but the rt pin is worn some by way it cocks and resets the right barrel pin. I took the sideplates off and gave it a good cleaning and it shoots like a dream for a cheap old beater. The POI is dead on at 25yds and supprised me it was that straight shooting.
Another question if anyone knows, It says choke bored on it. Does that mean its cylinder bore choked? I didnt gauge it yet but im guessing its gonna be an open choke.

missionary5155
03-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Good morning
Many years ago in Michigan I remeber fellers making firing pins for doubles and single shots out of nails. They mathched the firing pin diameter to the hole through the breach. Reduced the nail head to fit to fit its hole. Then the tip was reduced to size and finally cut to length. I cannot say nails are the best metal to use but all the shotguns kept on firing.
Mike in Peru

EMC45
03-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Welding rods. Fit to size.