PDA

View Full Version : Fast service

Jack Stanley
03-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Monday , I called Midway with the idea of getting a new mold for the lever rifle . A young lady named Macie answered and took my order saying it would be here on this friday . The good news is , it came today in the mail and I even had time to warm it up .

I'd ordered one of the RCBS "cowboy" molds , I'm still trying to find a way to make lots of bullets for the Marlin and the S&W . Well a two cavity ain't the way unless I can find more time . But at least this mold drops bullets that are round and only weighs about seven tenths of a grain different between the cavities .

I still need to shoot it , but it seems to have about as much bearing surface as any other . The nose looks a little longer that some of the others , but perhaps that will just help its feeding through the Marlin . I have some of the Lyman "cowboy" bullets lubed with paste wax so maybe I'll do the same with these and see how they do as a comparison . The Lymans are only a couple of thousanths out of round but they seem to work OK unsized .

Jack