PDA

View Full Version : Simple Boolit Lube w/ Heater

bjordan
03-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey Gang,
I recently started casting boolits again, and I just joined this site. Several years ago, I used some published recipe in my Lyman 450 with a base heater. I do not have a clue what it is. Is there a simple recipe I can put together that can be used with my 450 and base heater? I am looking to use this lube in pistol rounds, less than 1500 fps. I do not have a local supply for bee's wax, and if I have to order any components, I might as well just order sticks of the stuff in. I looked around on several of the threads, but I couldn't tell how hard the lubes were, like the 50% parafin with 50% Vasaline. I'd like to keep this as simple as possible. Thanks for the help!

Calehedron
03-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I cant say enough good things about Lars Lubes down at the bottom of the main page. LsStuff is the link. $1.35 a stick and outstanding quality. Carnauba Red is the stiffest and its alot softer than Lyman Orange Magic or any "commercial" hard lube. BAC is even softer, a mix of the Red and 50/50 that works great in just about anything under 1500 fps.

Cherokee
03-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I'll second the Lars Lube - why bother to make you own at his prices ?

bjordan
03-27-2009, 02:31 PM
I'll second the Lars Lube - why bother to make you own at his prices ?

Ok, that did it. I just ordered 8 sticks of BAC. No kiiding, at $1.65 per stick, its tough to make my own. Thanks!!