PDA

View Full Version : ak

shickf3
03-26-2009, 04:56 PM
If you reload 7.62x39 with cast bullets and shoot them out of an ak-47 will it function properly in rapid fire.

Ole
03-26-2009, 06:45 PM
I load the Lee 2R155 design boolit and have no problems in my SKS.

When you're done shooting, try to not let the barrel get too hot, or take the gas piston out to make sure it doesn't freeze up in the tube.

jdgabbard
03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Having case head separations is gonna be the problem with the AK. Some folks report separations with as few as "1" loading. They have VERY generous chambers. SKS's are another story. They like being loaded for, if you can find your brass afterwards...

snaggdit
03-26-2009, 11:11 PM
SKS's are another story. They like being loaded for, if you can find your brass afterwards...

I hear that. Mine throws the brass 20 feet to the right and 5 feet forward. At the cost of 7.62x39 brass now, if you can find it, I'm thinking about making one of those brass catchers on another thread.

I find when shooting cast in my SKS, I need to clean the gas tube after every outing. Gets pretty dirty fast. The barrel is fine, though. Normal residue.

Ole
03-26-2009, 11:16 PM
I hear that. Mine throws the brass 20 feet to the right and 5 feet forward. At the cost of 7.62x39 brass now, if you can find it, I'm thinking about making one of those brass catchers on another thread.

I find when shooting cast in my SKS, I need to clean the gas tube after every outing. Gets pretty dirty fast. The barrel is fine, though. Normal residue.

You know you've got the sickness when you refuse to take a shot unless the terrain that you're standing in offers a better than average chance of recovering your brass. :D

Ole
03-26-2009, 11:18 PM
BTW, I was doing a little reloading for my SKS today. My rifle makes a unique scratch on the brass every time you fire it. I counted a piece of brass with 9 scratches in it today. Almost brought a tear to my eye.