PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate score!

Gunslinger
03-26-2009, 08:57 AM
I had promised to drive a good friend of mine to a job interview in one of the surrounding suburbs. While she was in there, I thought I might as well use my time for something constructively. Before I left home I googeled the town and "tire shop", and whatta ya know, they had a fairly big one which I visited.

I walked in and asked a guy about wheel weights. He look strangely at me and went "Hmmm... follow me"! OH MY GOD... they had 2 55 gal drums each filled about 80% with weights [smilie=p:

The manager wasn't there and the guy couldn't promise me anything, but i think worst case scenario is that I have to match what the scrap dealer pays him! I'll go back next week to talk to the manager.

Now the next problem is how am I gonna stuff all those weigths into my brand new Fiat Punto :-(? I'm gonna have to do multiple tours I think, 200 lbs at a time.

My momma's gonna kill me :-o!! I already have +500lbs stacked up in buckets outside the back of their house. I'll have to turn on the charm and bribe her with lawnmoving and other helpfull stuff over the summer [smilie=l:

Hurricane
03-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Instead of making several trips with your car, rent a pick up truck and move it in one trip. The rental may also be cheaper than using your own car.

03-26-2009, 09:29 AM
do not wait till next week. go back today as tommorw may not come. or some one else gets there 30 min before. that happened to me.

Freightman
03-26-2009, 09:33 AM
Day rent U-Haul with a lift gate isn't high, for 3000# of lead if cheap enough.

Gunslinger
03-26-2009, 10:07 AM
do not wait till next week. go back today as tommorw may not come. or some one else gets there 30 min before. that happened to me.

He's not there untill next week.

Casters are a rare breed on these parts. They basically have weights everywhere I ask.... if they haven't sold them to the scrap dealer that is. No competition for me... I get 'em all if I want to :-P

But yeah, maybe I should look into borrowing a truck of some sort!

rockrat
03-26-2009, 10:32 AM
You should as you are probably looking at somewhere around 2,500 lbs there

Gunslinger
03-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Wow so much? Ohhh my god I hope they'll sell 'em to me!! Than I think I can relax... that much will keep me going for years!!

No_1
03-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Tell momma that you are making your own house tie-down weights to keep things on the ground when the wind stirs up then make sure you place them all around the outside of the house. She may fall for it!
Robert

ghh3rd
03-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Let's see, how much is shipping from Denmark to Florida ;-)

Old Ironsights
03-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Let's see, how much is shipping from Denmark to Florida ;-)

Less than you would think. Cargo ships charge by the Cube(ic foot/metre), not the pound/kilo.

Gunslinger
03-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Tell momma that you are making your own house tie-down weights to keep things on the ground when the wind stirs up then make sure you place them all around the outside of the house. She may fall for it!
Robert

Ha ha good one. Now that you mention it it is always kind of windy in this country :-D

I'll it out and see what she says he he....