PDA

View Full Version : Roper Sporting Arms Co. .41 Brass?

barnaclebill
03-25-2009, 08:59 PM
:groner: Well this morning I purchased a .41 cal. Roper Revolver Rifle in Mint Condition and I got [1] original loaded silver Cartridge with it. I can't have much fun with one cartridge and I looked all through the internet to find some brass although I really did not expect to find any. Really an unusual shape. I would like some recommendations on where I would go to have some brass custom machined or if someone actually makes it already. I just know that some of you have the perfect answer for me and that answer would be greatly appreciated.

Then I can start melting more lead.
Thanks---BB

AkMike
03-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Rocky Mountain Cartridge company will make what ever you wish.

Ron B.
03-26-2009, 07:02 PM
I have a partial box of 41 Mags. If you can use them, I'll pull them out and count them?

GRB

barnaclebill
03-26-2009, 08:12 PM
I have a partial box of 41 Mags. If you can use them, I'll pull them out and count them?

GRB
I have a feeling that the .41 mags you have will not fit a Roper Revolver rifle

Do your bullets look like the attachment? YUP ! that is where the bullet sits,Not so Common---
Thanks if you do and thanks if you don't:bigsmyl2:

barnaclebill
03-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Rocky Mountain Cartridge company will make what ever you wish.

Thanks
Rocky Mountain is thinking about this one.

Ron B.
03-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Ah, the things we learn!
Isn't ignorance wonderful?

You should post a pic of your Roper; I'd like to see it.

Here's a link to a likely source.
http://members.tripod.com/rrbar/listing.html

GRB

barnaclebill
03-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Here are the Pics----I hope

barnaclebill
03-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Forgot one pic.

218bee
03-31-2009, 07:30 PM
that looks like something I would buy and then be in your predicament....very cool...and looks to be in very good shape.....if ya ever get er shootin I'd like to hear about it

barnaclebill
03-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Rocky Mountain said they can make them for $70 for a box of 20. Also the link supplied may still have some.Not too bad as I pay this much for some other off the shelf cases for other rifles like the Sharps 45-120 or Snider .577. Roper is in Mint condition----also costamint. I saw a ranch in Sun Valley called Rancho Cost a plenty and it looked like it. I decided to buy guns instead of Stocks or funds. Have more fun with them.

Ron B.
03-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Hello Mr. B.
No offense, but that's got to be the ugliest gun I've seen in a very long time! Lol!
Beauty's in the eyes of the beholder; for certain. It almost looks like; well, pregnant!
I'd be careful shooting that thing; you may get covered in something. :)

I think you're wise; your investment strategy. It's the same thing I did. :)

Question; can I have it?
GRB

JW6108
03-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Hello Mr. B.
No offense, but that's got to be the ugliest gun I've seen in a very long time! Lol!
Beauty's in the eyes of the beholder; for certain. It almost looks like; well, pregnant!
I'd be careful shooting that thing; you may get covered in something. :)

I think you're wise; your investment strategy. It's the same thing I did. :)

Question; can I have it?
GRB

This is pregnant.

http://www.johnsonautomatics.com/identification.htm

barnaclebill
03-31-2009, 09:26 PM
The biggest reason I bought it-----It was different than the rest of my guns and supposedly they only made 475-500 of them. Most of them were shotguns. I would like to find one of those. It gets less ugly every time I look at it. But you are right--Come to my house tomorrow morning and you can have it. 7:30AM is the deadline. [smilie=l:
BB

barnaclebill
04-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Rocky Mountain said they can make them for $70 for a box of 20. Also the link supplied may still have some.Not too bad as I pay this much for some other off the shelf cases for other rifles like the Sharps 45-120 or Snider .577. Roper is in Mint condition----also costamint. I saw a ranch in Sun Valley called Rancho Cost a plenty and it looked like it. I decided to buy guns instead of Stocks or funds. Have more fun with them.

barnaclebill
04-01-2009, 08:28 AM
I know somebody out there must know the answer to this question...The .41 cal Roper Bullet has a steel case. It may be steel because of the way it feeds the bullets. I do not know if a brass case would work or not and would appreciate the input.

Thanks
BB

Ron B.
04-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Hello again BB!
After studying your photos, of your Roper it's certainly unique! And, having digested the photos for a couple of weeks, it's growing on me! I'd like to have one for sure. Have you actually lit her up? If so, how does she shoot? What's your load? The cartridge design is as unique as the rifle!

Thanks,
GRB

barnaclebill
04-17-2009, 08:30 AM
I only have 1 cartridge for the rifle right now and I am going to have 40 made for me by Rocky Mountain when I find out if Brass instead of steel will work. I will let you know how things go. This Rifle really grows on me the longer I look at it.

BB:drinks:

Ron B.
04-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Why don't we work a gun trade; I'll accept the headache, regarding your brass/steel casing dilemma! :Fire::Fire::Fire:

GRB

barnaclebill
04-17-2009, 09:02 AM
I am a horse trader from way back. I do not think I own anything that I would not trade.
BB:coffeecom

runfiverun
04-18-2009, 10:45 PM
that almost looks like a blown out shortened 257 weatherby case.