PDA

View Full Version : 20.0 grains of AA2015 ok with the Lee 2R155 bullet in the 7.62x39?

Ole
03-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Doing a little loading today and I finally used up the last of my WW680. :mrgreen:

I have about 1/2 a lb of this AA2015 in my powder cabinet. I bought it for an experiment in my 6mm PPC. I'd like to get my powder inventory down some, so i'm looking to use this stuff up. This looks about the same burning rate as RL#7, and they show a max charge of that as 22 grains. Also, my Speer #12 lists this powder for the 123 grain bullet with a starting load of 26.5 and a max load of 28.5.

Has anyone tried this powder/bullet combo in an SKS or AK? I just want something that fires in my rifle and won't hurt anything. Not looking to set any new speed records. :???:

Ole
03-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Ok I loaded 99 of these (ran out of primed brass), since no one objected loudly to my proposed load. Will report back here how they shoot.

leadman
03-27-2009, 12:01 AM
Just a thought. Western Powder has a website with Western and Accurate Powders listed. Western published a statement to check the website for correct info as some loads in the Accurate loading manuals had changed.
That said more for others benefit and safety, if the Speer manual data is correct you should be o.k.
It never hurts to load a smaller number of cartridges for a test before loading a large amount.