PDA

View Full Version : MagTech

StarMetal
02-09-2006, 10:30 PM
How many of you knew that MagTech ammo is a company that is 80 years old, will make over 5 million rounds of ammo this year, they make there own brass, bullets, primers, and powder on a 500 acres site in San Paulo , Brazil?

Joe

Buckshot
02-10-2006, 04:00 AM
............Lets see, when I bought my first M96 Swede from Century Arms in 1992 or 3 they had 6.5x55 ammo from CBC, which I think became Mag-Tech or was a division of them. CBC was/is a Brazilian company. Otherwise, my first Mag-Tech purchase was about 1998 when I bought 32 guage shotshells for the Comblain.

Didn't know anything about their history though.

..............Buckshot

Frank46
02-11-2006, 05:12 AM
Rick, I still have some of that century arms 6.5x55. A buddy owned a couple gun shops and one day he noted that I had been buying that brand. Next thing I know he starts putting box after box of federal american eagle 6.5x55 made by norma on the counter. $5 per box. Bought all he had, great stuff. Said everyone was buying the century stuff and he could not figure out why as the norma was way better. Go figure. Frank

trooperdan
02-11-2006, 11:35 AM
I saw an old boy at a local show that had a REAL gun show table, you know, just a bunch of odd ends of stuff, oneses and twoes. Stuff that obviously came from a real shooter and not a dealer. I poked around in his pile and found four boxes of Federal 6.5x55... checked a headstamp and saw "Norma". He wanted $5 per box and I handing him $20 so fast I spained my shoulder! Man, I took that ammo and ran like I had stole something! :)

Frank46
02-12-2006, 04:42 AM
Dan, when 7.62x54r brass was hard to get went and saw my buddy mentioned above. Package deal again. Good old federal american eagle/Norma. Bought about 300 rounds of the stuff. Great brass. He sold the mil surp 7.62x54r ammo and same story. No one bothered to reload for that cartridge. At my range there were only about 5-6 guys that shot cast boolits. Most of the other shooters always thought we were wasting out time. Buy when we spotted someone shooting the hansen stuff we always asked the shooter if he saved his brass. Most times the answer was no so we scarfed it up. Nowadays all Ibother to pickup is 30-30, 308 and 30-06. Course pistol brass like 38spl, 40 s&w, and 45acp gets picked up. A buddy teaches the concealed carry course and he always used to save the 38spl for me. I have a 20mm ammo can full. But 45acp you never have "too much".
Frank

Buckshot
02-12-2006, 09:02 AM
..................I just found out that Mag-Tech is a division of CBC. Cartuchuos De Brasilia and something or other, etc.

..............Buckshot