PDA

View Full Version : Score

Daniel964
03-24-2009, 06:03 PM
I picked up four 5 gallon buckets of wheel weights with some battery cable clamps as well as some other scrap lead mixed in and some lead pipe. Mixed in the drum of wheel weights and other lead was a lot of bullets. (Not loaded ammo.) They were jacketed. The lead pipe I had sitting outside the buckets.

The bullets looked like they were new out of the box to me. Looked like .223 and other calibers. Thursday I'm going back for the rest of the wheel weights and other scrap in the drum.

I may get lucky and get enough bullets that it will be like paying for bullets and getting the lead free. They had a lot of lead pipe and other large pieces of lead also. Should I pick that up also? The best part was the price. For all this out the door was $33.

I know I can cast the wheel weights as is but what about the battery clamps and lead pipe?

Another weird thing was their was some lyman stamped ingots mixed in with it all.

This is my first batch of lead to get. I hope to melt it down into ingots and start casting my own boolits this summer.

HandgunHTR
03-24-2009, 06:51 PM
Sounds like you made a great purchase!

The lead pipe will make good BP bullets or can be mixed with WW to make good pistol bullets.

I can't say for sure about the battery cables and I am sure that one more knowledgable than me will be along shortly to tell you for sure, but they should be OK. Similar to the lead pipe.