PDA

View Full Version : Steyr M95 question

LeadThrower
03-21-2009, 03:44 PM
The ramp in the Steyr is fairly abrupt and deforms the noses of soft-nosed boolits (Lee's .338 sized down to .334) when chambering a round swiftly.

Has anyone tried to cure this situation by lengthening the ramp?

StarMetal
03-21-2009, 04:23 PM
The ramp in the Steyr is fairly abrupt and deforms the noses of soft-nosed boolits (Lee's .338 sized down to .334) when chambering a round swiftly.

Has anyone tried to cure this situation by lengthening the ramp?

I never had that problem. I rammed them pretty hard too, to get them to engrave the rifling as the rifle has no camming action. Sounds like the enbloc clip isn't setting the correct spot to me. When you snap it in the rifle it actually goes pass the catch then the spring follower in the rifle pushes it all up to lock against the catch. If you take the action out of the stock you will see that the trigger guard/floor plate assembly actually fits into the bottom of the action. Make sure it does when it's assembled on the stock too.

Joe

Joe

Buckshot
03-22-2009, 01:09 AM
................Starmetal probably has the answer as I've never had the issue with cast either. Could be a defective clip or a hangup with the follower not supplying sufficient upward pressure.

...............Buckshot

LeadThrower
03-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Thanks, gents. I'll look into both points. Btw, deformed might be misleading -- it's more of a little dent on the ogive, but I'm sure it's not doing anything for accuracy.
Thanks again,
LeadThrower