PDA

View Full Version : w-w ?

bisley45
02-07-2006, 10:04 PM
what do you all do with your w-w clips after you smelt them off

NVcurmudgeon
02-08-2006, 12:00 AM
I have been tossing them for years, but I think I have been wasting a valuable resource. My usual practice with junk mail, if it has a postpaid return envelope, is to write on the reply form: No! "Take me off your mailing list." and send them back all their advertising, including the envelope they sent it to me in. I think I will escalate by filling the envelope with clips, or better yet, casting dross. Then I would be able to write on their reply form: "No! Take me off your mailing list. Please accept this ore from which you may be able to smelt valuable metals. This is to compensate you for the cosly advertising that you have inflicted upon me."

Pepe Ray
02-08-2006, 02:14 AM
NVcurmudgeon;You didn't post a smiley.
I hope your not serious.
Think about it. "Hazardous waste? in a USPS missle?""With your name on it?"
It's a sweet dream, but let remain so. Pepe Ray

Buckshot
02-08-2006, 02:47 AM
what do you all do with your w-w clips after you smelt them off

............I hate to say it, being an unreconstructed pack rat but I toss them. I used to save spent primers too. There just isn't much you can do with them. It's not like in the 70's when you could make curtains and banners and other usefull stuff from beer can pop tabs, ya know? [smilie=l:

.................Buckshot

Doughty
02-08-2006, 11:11 AM
The clips make a nice walk way, instead of gravel.

carpetman
02-08-2006, 12:20 PM
The clips make a testing device for several things. For example,you can test your hardness tester to see that it shows the clips to be harder than the alloy. You can use them to test the continuity on an ohm meter. You can also use them to determine if a magnet is working. You can weigh them and know their weight and use them to check scales. You can read BruceB's post about gold ore and know how much gold to expect from a ton of ore. If you dont know what gold ore looks like---you can attempt to render that said amount of gold from a ton of clips. Most likely you wont get any gold. You still wont know what gold ore looks like. But atleast you will know one thing it doesn't look like. If someone is trying to sell you gold ore and you know it's wheel weight clips---you wont fall for that old trick.

wills
02-08-2006, 12:40 PM
C'man, I thought you just put them back on the wheel and waited for them to be refilled before you harvested them again