PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Charleston SC need shooting info.

broomhandle
02-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Hi All,

The house is up for sale.

We will be moving to the Charleston -Summerville area.

Anyone in that area? I know NOBODY there, except some relatives that hate guns.

I will be needing a outdoor and indoor range.A private range will work if it's not too expensive.

Thanks,
broomhandle

Blackwater
02-07-2006, 10:59 PM
When you get there, some of the better gunshops should be able to help you, or maybe the local Sheriff's office or other local law enforcement. Just make it clear you're wanting to locate a civilian range. But if you have problems, call Forest City Gun Club in Savannah, GA. Those guys will likely be able to help you. Some of their members are located that far away, I believe, or at least used to be.

As to the antigun relatives, you have my sympathy. Seems there's one in every crowd these days, doesn't it?

GMJ
02-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Hello broomhandle, I live in Orangeburg about an hour from Summerville. I think ATP Gunshop in Goosecreek has an indoor range. I am a member of Mid-Carolina Gun Club in Orangeburg. We have Sporting Clays, Skeet, Trap, 200yd Rifle/Pistol range, Archery and are in the process of putting in a small bore silohette range. fairly nice club house, outdoor pavillion also in the process of installing lights on all ranges except the archery range. It is a private facility, but the annual dues are only $50.00 per year. When you get moved and if you would like to check it out, let me know. Good luck on the move.

No_1
02-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Welcome Broomhandle,
Try stopping by Carolina Rod and Gun store on Savanah HWY (aka HWY 17). It is between playground rd and the krispy-kream donut shop. They should be able to provide information about the local range / gun club out on HWY 61. I have not been to that range yet but have been told it is pretty nice. Some people drive north on HWY 17 towards Myrtle beach to a state park (can't remember the name). I have been to that place a bunch of times but have heard horror stories of being robbed for your goodies while shooting (imagine that). Good luck!

Maxthompson
02-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Broom,

I hope you like traffic. I moved out of Charleston a little over eighteen months ago. There are two indoor ranges, one almost in Summerville on Cross County Rd near the post office in n. Chuck. The other in Goose creek, I can't remember the names of either of them. Keep in touch with me and I'll dig up the info. There is also a DNR outdoor range north of Mclellanville of hwy 17. I've still got some contacts down there if you would like some help.

what do you shoot, Black, mil surp, or?

Mike

The house is up for sale.

We will be moving to the Charleston -Summerville area.

Anyone in that area? I know NOBODY there, except some relatives that hate guns.

I will be needing a outdoor and indoor range.A private range will work if it's not too expensive.

Thanks,
broomhandle[/QUOTE]