PDA

View Full Version : kind of quiet on the board

BT Sniper
03-21-2009, 02:00 AM
So what has everyone been up to? Maybe you all are so busy or I have to much time in frount of this computer. Any one working on a new project? I have aquired access to a lathe and milling machine and will be attempting home made dies, jacket drawing dies, and anything else I can think of. Also got the same guy hooked on swaging with a quick visit to the shop. We made 2 bullets and that was all it took. He ordered up some dies that night on e-bay from the shooters shack in .458. anyone have any experience with these dies?

Also trying to think up a design for a jig of some sort to mill of the rim of the 45 ACP case for large production as pictured in the 45-70 thread.

Going to learn alittle on the friend's tools and see if I have any tallent. Ultimate goal would be to make a receiver from scrach. May try to make a 10-22 receiver as I broke mine. Any one have an extra?

May go out coyotee hunting this weekend. Have a 300 win mag and some Nolser 125 grain BTs at 3500 fps to send their way. What kind of guns are you guys making bullets for? Anything unique? In the near future I hope to make VLD bullets for my 338-300RUM. I have a Savage 110 action with a 30" Pac-Nor barrel on it. Not a pack gun but quite the cannon anyways. I shoot the 300 grain Serria MKs over 92 grains of H1000 for 2900 FPS. This gun is one of the reasons I got into bullets swaging. The MKs are going for 75 cents a piece. I know I can make them from copper tubing cheeper than that. I just need some practice and raid the scrap yards for tubing. Matter of fact I am looking for a good scope for this gun if any one as one of those too. I want to go BIG with lots of power zoom. May be a Super Sniper as I hear they are a good scope or if I'm really luckly a Leupold or Nightforce. I would have to sell alot of bullets for those last two. I got to come up with somthing as the sun is start to make an apperance here in OR and the ground squirels and rock chucks are out.

Trying to trade for some new size dies to expand my bullet designs to other calibers. May wind up just buying them as it seems not to many extra around. What are some of the more popular calibers I should start out with? I only have one pistol a 44 so intill I get more guns any bullets made would be for trade with other shooters. Seems there is always a need for good .357 mag bullets, my partner with the .458 dies is going to let me use them so I'll see what kind of bullets those make. Probably the .410 for the 41 mag shooters. What about the bullets in .308 diameter made from the CH dies? Anyone tell me what they are like. Probably make a good bullet for a 30-30? Any one shoot the 10MM? What type of performance is it capable of? Would it benifit from a tough quality bullet or is it more of a target style?

Anyone have some pics of their homemade bullets recovered from their intended target? Got to love pics.

Well enough for today, I'll have more news to report latter.

Good shooting,

Brian